DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Ready to fall down the rabbit hole?

GTA V includes some weird, still-unsolved conspiracy involving aliens, the FIB, and Mt. Chilliad:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/430910/blog/gta-5-help-us-solve-the-games-big-hidden-conspiracy-potential-spoilers/

People are worried about golf and darts when there is a fucking conspiracy to uncover!!!!  I'm too lazy to do it myself.  I'll wait for the youtube videos.

I'm thrilled they worked this stuff in.

This thread makes me hate being poor. Fuck y'all.

If it makes you feel any better, this will most likely be the last game I am getting for a long while.  I just got the bill for my engagement/wedding rings... oof.

Anyway, as a LOL, I got an email from Gamestop saying I could get a whole whopping $30 for trading it in now.  Umm, no.

• Like 1

Shooting starts Tuesday after work.  I am pumped!

360 Dudes look for Kid SixXx on Live and add me to your Friend List. 

We will start a huge DVDVR Live party and get to robbing some liquor stores and creating mayhem.

PS3 bros should also sort yourselves out and gather under one banner.

Shooting starts Tuesday after work.  I am pumped!

360 Dudes look for Kid SixXx on Live and add me to your Friend List. 

We will start a huge DVDVR Live party and get to robbing some liquor stores and creating mayhem.

PS3 bros should also sort yourselves out and gather under one banner.

Stop talking like Zack Ryder tweets and maybe people will want to associate with you :P

Also: I am in no way rooting for a government shutdown.  I REALLY don't want to lose money to gridlock right now.  But if it DOES happen, I'm glad it'll be on GTAO day.

Now that i know we can use PLP if we get shutdown, i'm all for wasting a day or online killing folk.

I have just realized something amazing. At the start of the game:

Franklin is repoing cars for a living.

Michael is a bitter, depressed man a bit past his prime who really just wants to have a few drinks and work on his golf game.

Trevor is an unhinged maniac.

GTA V is about the many gimmicks of Barry Darsow.

• Like 7

I have just realized something amazing. At the start of the game:Franklin is repoing cars for a living.Michael is a bitter, depressed man a bit past his prime who really just wants to have a few drinks and work on his golf game.Trevor is an unhinged maniac.GTA V is about the many gimmicks of Barry Darsow.

Especially since they're all really just one person; you, the game player.

Now I'm rather disappointed the mask store in-game doesn't have that simple black Lone Ranger mask Barry wore while Repo Man.

So, one of the randomly generated events is much cooler than the recurring Purse Snatch style street robbery.  Out in the wilderness you can find one that's an homage to "No Country For Old Men" which I *FINALLY* managed to find just now.

Fortunately, after you pick up the briefcase, you're chased by the standard GTA goon squad, and not Anton the unstoppable agent of death

So I went a little nuts and 100%'d the game already. The stunts & knife fights had me raging when I couldn't do them, but thankfully you only have to do half to get 100% (doesn't make sense).

I didn't see why you guys had trouble with the first street race as I won it first time but I've since gone back with a better car and re-did the first race to try and beat my time and I was absolutely awful.

As for the Easter eggs, I'm sure you've all seen what happens after you 100% the game but for those that haven't...

aliens.

The one that appears at the top of mount chiliad is cool the first time you see it (on a stormy night). But the one that appears over Fort zancudo is the shit. It's some Independence Day stuff, makes an awesome noise when you go near it, cuts out your engines and cloakes itself in a really nice looking way. If you go to that spot before 100% it won't appear but it will glitch your screen like the feed is being interfered with. Really nice touches.

Jesus, I don't think I'll ever 100% this. I finally just got Trevor unlocked. Awesome intro BTW, though I am a little sad that he killed one of my favorite characters from IV. Though considering the circumstances he was in, Trevor probably did him a favor.

"Woof! Woof! Woof!"

"What's that, boy? There's a guy stuck in a tree?"

"Woof! Woof!"

"His parachute failed to open and he's lucky to be alive?"

Two minutes later...

"Woof! Woof!"

"Wait a second... are you talking about my kind of bitches, or your kind of bitches?"

• Like 2

So what's the word on ne DLC content? I haven't even bought the game yet(funds baby, funds) vicariously thru you flellas.Any word if we'll have new characters, secret missions, new areas, new sporting vnts(I rally wish thy woulds expandd on th bar knuckl brawling/small time UFC MMA vent they had in the last joint.Any rumors/news wpould help.I'm truly amazed that some of you guys have already finished the game with a full 100%. I woulda thought there was an underground city and all sortsa shit that like.Ah well, it still sounds like a kick-ass game...props to all who have posted their adventures thus fat!

-Burke