DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA Playoffs - QUARTERFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

I really don't want GSW or Lebron to win. I think the Clips can beat those teams, so I guess I'm rooting for them.

Assuming the Cavs get past the Hawks, which will be close, I think the Clippers are the only team I would consider underdogs against the Cavs.

Everyone is an underdog against Lebron in my mind.

The Hawks have played the Cavs tough all year. That's including a healthy Kyrie, LeBron, Kevin Love

Yeah, I think people are dismissing the Hawks a bit. Granted they have been a different team as of late, but they can't shoot this bad forever, right?

About now, bad sportswriters coast to coast are firing up their "Chris Paul can't get to the conference finals so he's overrated" hot takes.

Targeting the wrong guy. Blake has been terrible from what I've seen. Redick has had some nice defensive plays but both he and Crawford have shot like shit, whereas Ariza and Smith have stepped up for the Rockets.

Paul's the only reason this game isn't a 30 point blowout.

Shout to the Rockets.  They were blown the fuck out a couple times in this series and they still kept it together.  I have not bought into their team all year(part of the reason why I thought Harden deserve the MVP nod actually), especially when Beverley went down.  They're going to make the Western Conference finals and I think it is a bit of an over-achievement, even as a second seed.  Of course, there is no way I'm picking them against a healthy Warriors team.

Hawks should have the advantage against the Cavs, especially since Kyrie is not going to be healthy and basically limping around.  Unlike Chicago, the Hawks have the shooters and personnel to make Kyrie chase them around.  Love is out.  Home field advantage.  No excuses.

The Clippers about to get lambasted.  Steve Ballmer is about to have a wild, billionaire night.

image.jpg

Edited by _MJ_

I think the Clippers just ran out of gas and it showed mainly on defense. If they don't make sweeping changes to the bench and address an upgrade for Matt Barnes, I think they're going to remain at this level. Even if they had won this series, would they have had much left against a super deep Warriors team?

I wonder if the Clippers do something really stupid. I know they have a new owner, but its the same franchise DNA. Like panic firing Doc Rivers stupid. Not saying they should, but they might. . . .

This was like, the best time and the worst time for me as a long-time Clips fan. I was so stoked about the WCF. Then they kept losing. Not that I gave them a legit chance of beating GSW, but it would have been exciting. We shoulda played harder in that second game vs. Houston.