DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

I'm really looking forward to someone taking the director's cut bluray and recutting it. There's not a lot you can do about the plot, but dropping some stuff, color corrections, and different music would do wonders for some of the issues. I think the pacing can at least be fixed. 

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

The Friday box office is great ($82 million domestic) but the cinemascore is soft (a B) which might lead to a softer Saturday/Sunday.

Fourth best single day ever, fwiw, if the estimate holds (only about a hundred thousand above Jurassic World) and will almost certainly be the best March open, best DC open, and a top ten all-time weekend. The big question now is how much do the bad reviews and decent but not great audience reviews effect next weekend and beyond?

It's already pushing $200 million worldwide so that's a hell of a start anyway.

There were small parts I liked, buried in a mountain of meaningless stuff.  I felt like the entire final Doomsday scene was utterly unnecessary.  I wish they had just used that 30 minutes to flesh out the Batman-Superman issue.  As is, it was entirely rushed, and Batman seemed like a complete moron.  For such a smart guy, the logic of his hatred of superman was so weak.  He makes every inference against Superman, including ones that have always been unfairly made as to him.  He is just a blind nut--a bad look for a nuanced character.  

There were still cool things.  Hard not to grin when Clark hears Alfred in Bruce's ear.  Some of the fight choreography was awesome.  

Found Lex to be utterly intolerable.  Sad they are bringing him back.  

I spent most of the day rewatching the Justice League cartoon, which i'd like to think was a better use of my time than seeing anything in the theatres.

oh, there is killing in the cartoon too. Hawkgirl has to do an Ol Yeller on the magically resurrected SolomonGrundy. And in the finale, Steel does captain America shield toss and (off camera) beheads a parademon. ) 

41 minutes ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

I mean, it's pretty clear the sequence is more premonition than dream given

Hide contents

Batman is there to get Kryptonite, which he hasn't discovered exists at that point in the mainline universe.

I don't think that's true. I think the movie was implying he always knew what the White Portuguese had, just that he didn't know who. And he lied to Alfred.

But definitely premonition in some way.

That was probably Flash but I did see one alternate idea that it was Orion in a Boom Tube that fits. Plus Parademons which Bruce damn sure doesn't know about yet...

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't think that's true. I think the movie was implying he always knew what the White Portuguese had, just that he didn't know who. And he lied to Alfred.

But definitely premonition in some way.

Reveal hidden contents

That was probably Flash but I did see one alternate idea that it was Orion in a Boom Tube that fits. Plus Parademons which Bruce damn sure doesn't know about yet...

I thought it looked like

Ezra Miller, but it was quick

Domestically, I'm interested to see how much box office drop off will occur in the coming weeks compared to other recent blockbusters, due to the current reviews/word-of-mouth on it.  Internationally, they seem set, which might be more important than the domestic numbers, even if Batman/Superman costed a ton.  It does make you wonder how much money it could have made and potential make, if the reviews were more positive and word-of-mouth was less mixed.