DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA OFFSEASON

Cole Miner

Oh Kings. Oh Kings you are the best, the best I tell thee.

High profile former ESPN analytics guru, Dean Oliver who was hand picked by owner Vivek Ranadive, as Director of Player Personnel, and Head of Analytics a season ago, and who has multiple years left on his contract with the Kings - was told by new Kings VP Vlade Divac not to attend NBA Summer League. 

Oliver was in attendance anyway and was seen with King coaches. Oliver was not permitted to be there in his official capacity with the team. 

Divac has told confidants that he is strongly opposed to the use of analytics in evaluating players, and has halted all communication with Oliver.

FUCK ANALYTICS BRA!

I was kind of glad they skimmed over the DeAndre stuff since I feel like it's been talked to death over the past month.  I would have liked to hear Cuban talk more about the rising cap and the CBA, but I can understand why he wouldn't want to get into that.

Kings have hired Nancy Lieberman to be an Assistant Coach (well technically they will be)

Part of me wonders if Cheryl Miller has gotten any calls yet to become an assistant somewhere

Breaking: agent Rich Paul tells @Sportsnet Tristan Thompson will sign 1yr Qualifying offer with Cavs and be a free agent in 2016.

I think that's been slightly misreported. Rich Paul said yesterday that if Thompson was forced to take the QO, he would not re-sign with the Cavs next season. As far as I know, no one has said he actually signed the QO. I think this is part of the Rich Paul play book, remember Eric Bledsoe didn't sign til September last year.