DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I think you could show him any of Joe's "giving a crap" TNA matches.  They are usually above average, and a bit more easily digestible for a youngster than say, an epic ROH main event.  Joe kicking the snot out of Daniels or AJ for 10 minutes is a winner.

I'm not an expert on Joe in TNA, but apart from Joe vs. AJ vs. Daniels, wasn't there a surprisingly insanely good Joe vs. Rhyno vs. Monty Brown 3-way?

Another really great match from ROH was the cage match against Jay Briscoe, but that's also not something i would show to a kid.

Does ROH sign wrestlers to exclusive contracts? Friend linked me to an indy's FB page that said Joe was "not taking bookings after 4/23".

For the most part, yes they do.  (Which is why Hero came and went so quick after he left WWE.) But there are some guys who aren't under contract (like Strong, for example).

I think you could show him any of Joe's "giving a crap" TNA matches.  They are usually above average, and a bit more easily digestible for a youngster than say, an epic ROH main event.  Joe kicking the snot out of Daniels or AJ for 10 minutes is a winner.

I'm not an expert on Joe in TNA, but apart from Joe vs. AJ vs. Daniels, wasn't there a surprisingly insanely good Joe vs. Rhyno vs. Monty Brown 3-way?

Another really great match from ROH was the cage match against Jay Briscoe, but that's also not something i would show to a kid.

Yeah, the Monty/Rhyno 3 way was pretty fun.  Monty pretty much had one foot out the door at that time if I recall.  Joe was very reliable in TNA until about 07-08 or so.  I'm hardpressed to remember anything memorable after the Angle cage match though.

While walking through the grocery store today, I passed the magazine section and saw that WWE put out a "Legends of Wrestlemania" issue. On the cover? Hogan, Austin, Savage, Hart, Michaels, Helmsley, Taker, Cena, Rock, and Bryan.

Maybe it's nothing but I think that's a pretty big indicator of what the company thinks of Bryan.

• Like 1

While walking through the grocery store today, I passed the magazine section and saw that WWE put out a "Legends of Wrestlemania" issue. On the cover? Hogan, Austin, Savage, Hart, Michaels, Helmsley, Taker, Cena, Rock, and Bryan.

Maybe it's nothing but I think that's a pretty big indicator of what the company thinks of Bryan.

Hey what was your webpage again?  Any new design work?

He would have been the Sultan instead of Rikishi. Or maybe they would be a tag team... Sultan I and Sultan II? Sultan and Shah? Sultan and Zoltan? Sultan and Caliph would have surely backfired years later...

Maybe he would have been the "Cowliph", a cross between the Sultan and Mantaur. 

Horrifically enough I could see the discussion going something like this:

"What's his name?"

"Samoa Joe."

"Hmmmm. Joe...Jonas...Jones..SAMBO JONES!!!"

"Jesus,  Vince!"

"Yeah, yeah you're right.  Not dark enough."

"Nope. That's not even a little what I mea..." 

"Tuck that away and let me know when get a real black, though.  It's almost February."

• Like 1

Hey what was your webpage again? Any new design work?

I got nothing... Haven't in years. Maybe you're thinking of El Jefe? He had that rad lucha alphabet poster. I'm mostly a long time lurker since the green board days.

VInce:  "Okay kid, ready.  We've got something that fits your look.  Let me show you how your debut will sound...

"OH MY GOD...LADY'S AND GENTLEMEN, IT'S ...ITTT'SSS...

TYPE TWO DIE A BEATEEZ!!!!...

HIS BLOOD IS SO SWEET IT'LL PUT YOU IN COMA@!!!"