DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI

Matt D

As much as I'd like to see some stereotypical IWC member get made an example of on television, WWE fans are not soccer hooligans. They'll be passive aggressive and yell chants that they think are clever or witty and try to get themselves over. I can't think of a less intimidating fan base to potentially riot than the day after Mania Raw crowd. It'd be like that Chikara incident but significantly more pathetic.

What Chikara incident?

• Like 1

An indie promotion in my area had a masked jobber named "Mark Smart" who said he was a great wrestler because he read about how to wrestle on the Internet.  He always got beat up with zero offense.

It was great, if by "great" I meant "nobody cared".

An indie promotion in my area had a masked jobber named "Mark Smart" who said he was a great wrestler because he read about how to wrestle on the Internet.  He always got beat up with zero offense.

It was great, if by "great" I meant "nobody cared".

That is awesome. Were his matches better or worse than "Rosie" vs. "The Donald"?

My two year old marked out for the Bunny, hell she marked out for him because he's part of the Rosebuds in the NXT ArRIVAL DLC for WWE 2K15. So if a two year old girl is WWE's main audience the Bunny did his job

As much as I'd like to see some stereotypical IWC member get made an example of on television, WWE fans are not soccer hooligans. They'll be passive aggressive and yell chants that they think are clever or witty and try to get themselves over. I can't think of a less intimidating fan base to potentially riot than the day after Mania Raw crowd. It'd be like that Chikara incident but significantly more pathetic.

Speaking as someone who was at said Chikara incident, it would literally be impossible for anything ever to be more pathetic. 

The post Mania Raw will be disruptive and annoying as always. The majority of wrestling fans are way more interested in trying to get themselves on TV than they are in enjoying wrestling of any sort. 

There's a difference between vocal disruption and a riot. The biggest thing I could see is some drunk fan pushing Reigns down the stairs as he makes his entrance, at which point we'll get to see security beat down said fan on live TV.

I'd would watch a drunk get his ass kicked tbh. I can't quite World's Dumbest.. For a reason.

What is this alleged "incident" at Chikara?   Did someone feed CP Munk nuts?  

It was the supposed "last show" at the Trocadero in Philly, when there were all the rumors that Quack was having personal problems and would have to shut down Chikara. the show ended with Condor Security tearing down the stage and kicking everyone out of the building, and since no one knew if it was part of an angle or what, some of the Chikara fans went crazy. People were legit crying. The "highlight" was a guy yelling at the fake security that they couldn't kick him out and then kicking and breaking the glass door of the venue. He proceeds to start crying when real security shows up to settle accounts. The whole thing was a mess, it was like watching Millhouse and Martin from the Simpsons start a riot. 

• Like 3

Obviously no one would ever actually riot. You're not going to see a riot with an arena or stadium show for the WWE.

We know that because we're reasonably intelligent creatures, but trying telling some of these 47-year-old juice box drinkers.

HEY WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS WRONG WITH DRINKING A JUICE BOX EVEN IF YOU'RE AN ADULT?!?!

THEY ARE REFRESHING!

ECTO COOLER 4-LYFE!

• Like 4

I'm fascinated that people are saying shit like "You pussies aren't going to riot" like it's a BAD thing.

In what world are people who boo and chant and complain online in response to a wrestling angle they don't like somehow MORE pathetic than people who break shit?

• Like 4