DVDVR Message Board

Raw 12-8-14 - Slammys 2014

MGFanJay

NickMD, on 09 Dec 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

Haven't seen most of Raw yet, but am quite annoyed about Ambrose returning.  I'm a fan of the guy, but it is way too soon for a return.  So it could be one of two things:

-The doctor was right and he had that injury.  Alvarez was spot on in talking about what a crushed trachea is all about.  Steamboat had that leading up to WM3 and it was long ordeal shown on WWF TV for months.  Ambrose coming back in less than a week all like "I'm fine" is absurd.

-The doctor was wrong and Ambrose didn't have it nearly as bad as they thought.  Which to me sounds like a misdiagnosis.  Given all the shit that was said about Doctor Amann from Punk, do you really want make the doc sound like a complete numbskull?  That's just not a wise idea.

Given the two options I guess the doc being wrong would make more sense.  Either way, way too soon for Ambrose.  If they had to, why not have him be a surprise for TLC?  Bray comes out saying how he took Dean out, and maybe the surprise would have been a bit more meaningful.

They were going to keep Ambrose out, but someone saw him running the ropes earlier so he got cleared.

I haven't watched a second of Raw the last two weeks, and hearing that Charlotte jobbed in two minutes makes me glad I haven't.

They should be promoting NXT as something worth getting the Network for instead of making it's women's champ look like a jobber.

Because putting the NXT champ over a Diva's wrestler on the main roster makes the main roster look weaker than the NXT roster.  Charlotte needed to job because NXT is the 'minor league' to RAW/Smackdown.

When the NXT wrestlers come up they have to start at the bottom rung of the ladder.

It is just like baseball or hockey, when top prospects come up they have to start at the bottom.  Yes, there are exceptions but those are few and far between.  They look good in the minors because they are minor league players playing against players with similar and lesser talents.

It's not like there is a main roster diva ladder. It's AJ and then a bunch of women who sometimes dance with Fandango and yell girl bye. The last noteworthy thing that major league Natalya did besides LOSE her minor league match for the minor league NXT title to minor league Charlotte on minor league NXT was fart a bunch.

This would be like Neville debuting and Titus beating him in three minutes.

And she didn't look like a star. She looked like a wrestler that debuted and lost her wrestling match. THE NEW DAY doesn't look like stars because they had some video packages and love to have fun with the WWE Universe. They look like losers who got together and formed a trio and then lost more on their debut.  

I'm guessing Natalya and Charlotte had a 15 minute epic planned which was supposed to be a continuation of their match from nXt. This got cut down to two minutes shortly before they went out. They then tried to condense a 15 minute match into two minutes. A very competitive match with a vet can still be considered an arrival even if you lose. That's not what we got. 

I could also see a scenario where Charlotte was supposed to go over but someone pops big backstage (and rightfully so) for the stuff Tyson is doing and wanted to see him steal the spotlight from Nattie when she won.   

In other unrelated news, how are the cats?

The women's roster is far more developed than you realize.  There is a lot of talent on the main roster.

There is a difference between 'talent' and 'worthwhile division.'

Natalya is very good at what she does. Most of the ladies on the main roster are. But that doesn't mean that they've been given anything more meaningful to showcase those talents than 'farts' or 'dances with Fandango and gets mad when others dance with Fandango' or 'dresses like opponent to play mind games with her I still don't understand how that works.' 

But when a new competitor is heralded as the daughter of Ric Flair and as the best of what NXT's Women's Division has to offer, you don't book her to lose against Natalya Neidfarts. And I know that farting happened ages ago but 1. it was her last defining character development and 2. Natalya Neidfarts is a delightful thing to say and type. 

You especially don't book her to lose when the point of her wrestling is to plug the NXT Special which in turn is a plug to get people to order the WWE Network. 

Eh, complaining that the WWE doesn't use logic and common sense is the dumbest thing in the world. It's like yelling WHY DON'T YOU WALK at a baby that can't walk because it's still got those chubby 'all i do is sit' legs and just wants to hang out and chew on that green plastic thing. 

Guys, the real point of that match was for us to love Tyson Kidd's cat ear hood

Let's not forget that it took Nattie two minutes to beat Charlotte when he was in her corner.

Nattie couldn't beat Charlotte in like fifteen minutes when she had Bret in her corner.

Therefore

Tyson Kidd>Bret Hart

Obviously, great mind think alike

http://youtu.be/VFhV0dYFu4E

I do love the fact that they keep referring to Natalya's Hart bloodline, whilst overlooking the fact that her nearest direct wrestler relative isn't a Hart. If she'd had the big old Anvil in her corner tugging his beard at Takeover, she'd have won that match.

• Like 1

Don't understand the Reigns hate. You guys must've been watching a different show than me. I heard a REAL nice pop when he came out. Guy's a star. I know that hurts some people's feelings because he isn't as "indytastic" as Seth Rollins, but dude has dollar signs all over him. 

• Like 3

Don't understand the Reigns hate. You guys must've been watching a different show than me. I heard a REAL nice pop when he came out. Guy's a star. I know that hurts some people's feelings because he isn't as "indytastic" as Seth Rollins, but dude has dollar signs all over him. 

His hair flows way too majestically in the wind for some people.

• Like 4

Did anyone say that Reigns isn't getting huge pops?  The argument is that they won't last and it's going to be ugly when it falls apart.  All it's going to take is one smarky yankee city-slicker crowd to derail the whole thing.  

Also, Waldo, they just don't get it, man.  Charlotte looked like a million bucks, the crowd loved her, she had a great video package, and lost because she's NXT vs. the big leagues.  The door was also left open for a continued feud.  Pretty clear to me that she's about to drop the title to get called up and come fight Nattie.

His general crumminess is why he is hated.

I don't baleeev dat.

You may not baleeev but I Bo-Lieve in him.

You guys aren't doing the new pause. It's Balllleeeeeeee...

dat.

I mean, why should they bother writing these storylines if you guys aren't going to pay attention to them?