DVDVR Message Board

NHL - November 2014

Dolfan in NYC

I would just like to note how refreshing the Canucks are this year. No drama at all from the front office to the coach to the goalie.  Sure, it might result in a first round playoff exit but they cause me so much less grief.

Calgary is such a weird fucking team, eh?  Three of their four leading scorers are defensemen.

Detroit loses a shootout to Buffalo. Not a great effort but good enough to win. Then we get a replay of earlier games - a game-winning Detroit goal waved on a B.S. goalie interference call followed by a typical Jimmy Howard shootout disaster. It's unreal how awful he is in shootouts.

Jets take 7 out of 8 points on a four game road trip, and gave up 1 goal in the last three games of the trip. Defense? When did they learn how to play defense? Still need to work on the goalscoring though.  

Detroit loses a shootout to Buffalo. Not a great effort but good enough to win. Then we get a replay of earlier games - a game-winning Detroit goal waved on a B.S. goalie interference call followed by a typical Jimmy Howard shootout disaster. It's unreal how awful he is in shootouts.

He was blatantly stood in the blue paint, even your own coach admitted it was the correct decision.

He was blatantly stood in the blue paint, even your own coach admitted it was the correct decision.

Don't get him started.

Standing in the paint by itself isn't against the rules.  You have to actually hinder the goalie which Franzen didn't.  No contact at all.

That said, if Babcock says it was the right call, I'll concede the point.

Montreal is tied for first in the east in goal differential.

Their goal differential is -4.

Detroit is +5.  Boston is +4.  Pittsburgh is +19.  You sure about your stats?

You were playing what might be the single worst squad in NHL history. Losing to us in any fashion is a disgrace at this point, so you obviously didn't play good enough to win.

You were playing what might be the single worst squad in NHL history. Losing to us in any fashion is a disgrace at this point, so you obviously didn't play good enough to win.

The loss was a disgrace, no question about it.

Blues win there 6th in a row. We are winning seemingly only Tarasenko and Goaltending"

Game was a total crapfest, made even worse by hordes of people who got comps and didn't give two fucks that they were at a hockey game. Blues at least have the excuse that half their team is injured and that they played the night before. Don't know what the Devils excuse is other than that they are dreck.

Jim Benning: genius? *shrug*

I still don't like Ryan Miller's face.

We'll see how it all plays out but I think the difference between Bonino and Kesler might be quite slim because Kesler might not be able to physically get back to his peak. Bonino is what he is. Kesler's most productive years came while playing like a lunatic.

So Marc-Andre Fleury gets a sizable extension.

I'm not really sure what to make of him anymore. You look at his regular season numbers, on the whole they match up with basically anyone you want to name, looks good. But... you see him get the yips in the playoffs, and I just don't know.