DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Rose had his best game of the year last night! The end of the 2nd quarter when he took over for 3 or 4 possessions had the crowd going nuts.  Great balance of 3s and driving to the bucket.  

A great quote I saw on Twitter: "Derrick Rose is playing like a guy with amnesia who slowly realizes he used to destroy Deron Williams."

Today's Jae would tell pre-season Jae to shut the fuck about wanting Carmelo Anthony.

Totally. Pau has been that good.  Long term it would have really fucked us as well, because we wouldn't have been able to bring Niko over. 

There was also that trade rumor floating around of Taj/rights to Mirotic/Jimmy G for K Love.  I didn't like it at the time, but it makes me cringe even thinking about it now.

For the shoe nerds, Kobe, KD, and Lebron's Christmas Game Shoes:

KOBE'S for $225

kobe_candy_v2_36015.jpg

kobe_candy_detail_01_36021.jpg

DURANT'S for  $175

kd_eggnog_v2_36016.jpg

kd_eggnog_detail_01_36014.jpg

LEBRON'S for $220

lebron_snow_36013.jpg

lebron_snow_detail_01_36012.jpg

Those Kobe knit sneaks are pretty slick and they're red, so I love them. Lebron's are ugly as fuck but they're growing on me.

I don't think you can do just one 30 for 30 on Kobe. 

That's fair.  Specifically, I want a 30 for 30 on the twilight, King Lear phase of Kobe's career.  The stories that are going to come out from the Lakers organization and his teammates are going to be blood-curdling.

• Like 1

All Star Balloting is officially open, although the website appears to be down at the moment.  Everyone is on the ballot this year, so go nuts and blame me when Hedo is an All-Star.

I rarely agree with JVG on much, but I actually agree with him in that they need to change the way All-Stars are picked.  Like, if you are injured most of the year, you shouldn't be eligible.  Honestly, I much prefer the idea of the coaches picking everyone.  But I'm an asshole.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Yeah, Barnes is the biggest winner in the head coaching change. He's no longer needing to be a leader on the second unit. He just picks his spots with the first team.

Draymond Green has been the story so far IMO.  I thought they'd miss David Lee quite a bit, but Green has been a revelation this season on both ends of the court.  Glad for him as I really liked him at MSU.

Jesus. They should've just written the fucking names on athletic tape like in gym class. These are almost as bad as the solid color jerseys from last year or the year before where the Rockets ended up looking like they were wearing prison camp pajamas.

So Anthony Davis goes out in the first quarter with a chest injury, Lebron James scores 41, and the Pelicans still win?

And Detroit beat a Western Conference Team?

Can the Lakers hold out and make this night extra wacky?