DVDVR Message Board

Spring Training Opens 2/18/15

Dolfan in NYC

Meanwhile in Philadelphia crickets are chirping.........

I guess we can say hello to the Montreal Expos v 2.0

Not sure how I feel about that.  There is nostalgia and everything but in reality there is one sports team in Montreal and it is the only one people care about.  

Myers is apparently going to play center, fwiw. Upton simply can't do it - he wasn't too hot in the corners last year, he'd be a trainwreck in CF

Weird.  Since one of the reasons the Rays supposedly soured on Myers is his so-so defense.  I know Upton's defense wasn't any great shakes either but I figured he could fake it...maybe.

Then again, the Padres still have Cameron Maybin, Carlos Quentin, Seth Smith and Will Venable.  There will be more moves.

So umm...

The Yankees and Marlins are on the verge of a deal that would sent Martin Prado to Miami, according to Jack Curry of the YES Network (on Twitter).  Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald (on Twitter) hears that the deal would have Garrett Jones and Eovaldi going to New York for Prado and pitcher David Phelps.

I have no idea what the Yanks are doing

So umm...

The Yankees and Marlins are on the verge of a deal that would sent Martin Prado to Miami, according to Jack Curry of the YES Network (on Twitter).  Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald (on Twitter) hears that the deal would have Garrett Jones and Eovaldi going to New York for Prado and pitcher David Phelps.

and

12:31pm: Joel Sherman of the New York Post tweets that the Yankees will also receive right-hander Domingo German in the trade.

So umm...

Eovaldi is a good hand. Garrett will be a nice backup to Texiererairaia. 

Prado... I guess goes to CF? But Ozuna's there....  Dee is the 2B, McGeehee is the 3B, Yelich & Stanton are the corner OF's.  

I'm confused.  Here's a gif.

sIUhzYa.gif

So umm...

Prado... I guess goes to CF? But Ozuna's there....  Dee is the 2B, McGeehee is the 3B, Yelich & Stanton are the corner OF's.  

Well, Trade Rumors says Prado will play 3rd.  So I guess McGehee goes to 1B?

Also, the Mets traded Gonzalez German to the Yankees.  So the Yankees now have 2 P's with the last name of German.  I am giddy with anticipation of the confusion this will cause Rippa.

So umm...

Well, Trade Rumors says Prado will play 3rd.  So I guess McGehee goes to 1B?

Also, the Mets traded Gonzalez German to the Yankees.  So the Yankees now have 2 P's with the last name of German.  I am giddy with anticipation of the confusion this will cause Rippa.

And Hardball says that McGehee is probably on the trade block now.  So obviously, he will be in San Diego by the end of the day.

• Like 1

So who wants Wellington Castillo?

They should be able to get a decent return for him. Young, decent bat, okay defensive catcher in every regard but pitch framing, and a really good guy in the clubhouse by all accounts. I liked Beef, but with the way Schwarber has been progressing his time was limited anyway, so I'll be more than happy to see him go and stay a starter with another squad.