DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

Question about Secret Wars. Aside from Dr. Doom, Dr. Strange, the Cabal, and the heroes in the life raft (Mr. Fantastic, Spider-Man, Jane Foster Thor, etc.) nobody remembers the 616 world. Does that apply to the characters from other universes too though? Specifically, Old Man Logan. Did the Old Man Logan in Secret Wars go on the cross country adventure with Hawkeye, fight the Hulk gang, and have his family killed? Or is this a seperate, "new" one?

Sometimes it's new. Sometimes it's close. Sometimes it's the exact one. With Old Man Logan, I think they make it seem like the exact old one, just with slight changes that come along with their only being one Doom in reality, for instance. And for there being no stars. Little things. 

Gamora kind of remembers.

• Like 1

For me, the really damning thing is that nobody had any plans for Mary Jane Watson before Bendis picked her up.  You have a character who, historically, has been one of the most well written female characters in Marvel and no one in the Spider-Office can think of anything for her other than boinking a firefighter.

• Like 1

http://marvel.com/cards/177/tour_the_all-new_parker_industries/start

Marvel: Hey kids, you like Spidey, right?

Comic Book Fan: Yeah!

Marvel: You wanna read about Spidey jet setting around China, France, India, and Africa?

Comic Book Fan: Um no.  I wanna read about him fighting crime in New York.

Marvel: Too bad.  But ya like reading about corporate intrigue in Parker Industries, right?

Comic Book Fan: No, I wanna read about Peter palling around with the staff of the Daily Bugle in between selling photos of Spidey to J. Jonah Jameson.

Marvel: Again, too bad.  But hey, ya like the Spidey Mobile, right?

Comic Book Fan: Good God, no!  That is some of the stupidest shit ever-

Marvel: [sweating] TOO BAD! And hey, here's Miguel O'Hara and Miles Morales, too.

Comic Book Fan: Huh? Oh, I don't care about those two characters-

Marvel: Oh, I see, you're racist.

Comic Book Fan: What?!!?

Marvel: You're racist.  You don' t wanna read about two multiracial characters like Miles Morales and Miguel O'Hara.

Comic Book Fan: [Waving copies of Ms. Marvel, Amadeus Cho Incredible Hulk, and Maus in the air]  I don't care about their skin color, I just don't care about those two characters.  Speaking of which, what about Mary Jane-

Marvel: She's over in Iron Man, getting her brains fucked out by Tony Stark every month.

Comic Book Fan: What?!!?

Marvel: And coming this fall to Disney XD, it's the Ms. Marvel/Sabra Power Hour!  A Muslim and a Jewish superhero promoting religious harmony while fighting crime!

Comic Book Fan: Waitaminute!  Iron Man!??!

Marvel: We're FAAANTASTIC!

• Like 1

Can't speak for anyone else, but about the only thing they could do with Peter Parker that would interest me less than the Tony Stark tribute angle is... more stories about loveable loser Peter Parker, his Aunt May, and his wacky friends at the Daily Bugle.

• Like 1