DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

X-men: Inferno. Pretty good though kind of depressing for how things go for Madelyne. Still, I enjoyed the story Simonson and Claremont crafted for her in the end. It finally made sense of her existence and led to a pretty awesome fight between Sinister and the X-men. Had no idea just how strong Sinister was back then. Good read.

If you are talking about Secret War I read there will be X-men involved.

Nah. There was a poster with "No More Mutants" and SW/Quicksilver as the only characters featured on it that was revealed the other day. A lot of people thought it was the next X-event, but Mike Marts said during an interview yesterday that it's an Avengers event.

If you are talking about Secret War I read there will be X-men involved.

Nah. There was a poster with "No More Mutants" and SW/Quicksilver as the only characters featured on it that was revealed the other day. A lot of people thought it was the next X-event, but Mike Marts said during an interview yesterday that it's an Avengers event.

Oh that. I heard about that as well. Not sure why I didn't realize that was what you were commenting on.

It's a call back to the post-Secret Wars storyline where Justin Hammer was using gamma rays to cure people of everything, then they all (shock!) turned into Hulks. Including a couple of dogs who had been hit and terminally injured by cars.

Hulk dogs are canon, muthafuckas!

It's weird that they are running new books with old event/story titles, isn't it?

A new Secret Wars book (which looks like it might be in the old-school Crisis mode), a new Civil War, a new World War Hulk (plus No More Mutants, which isn't exactly the same, but...)

It's weird that they are running new books with old event/story titles, isn't it?

A new Secret Wars book (which looks like it might be in the old-school Crisis mode), a new Civil War, a new World War Hulk (plus No More Mutants, which isn't exactly the same, but...)

I'm not convinced they're for books at all. Has that been confirmed? I think it may be a lead-up to a videogame announcement or something like that.

I'm not convinced they're for books at all. Has that been confirmed? I think it may be a lead-up to a videogame announcement or something like that.

I know BC's theory is that its all a What If? weekly coming out next year. More of  a guess though than any sort of rumor.

At this point though with exception of Secret Wars its pretty damn obvious the rest of these teasers are all for one thing be that a series, game, etc.

Maybe I'm underthinking it, but they all seem tied to Secret Wars, to me. Different universes colliding and battling it out. Doesn't the Age of Ultron vs. Marvel Zombies teaser give it away?

That's a theory I've been seeing, that it's going to be structured somewhat like Morrison's Seven Soldiers or Multiversity, with a big framing story and these other smaller stories inside it.

Hey, maybe they can find the universe where Civil War wasn't fucking terrible.

Avengers: Galactic Storm Vol. 1 & 2. Thought this was good. It was nice getting read more of Avengers members I'm only a little familiar with and the actual Shiar/Kree War was fun. The ending was unexpected and I can only imagine undone in some way for the Kree Empire to look the way it did later on. Good read.

Thor Vol. 1. Started reading Jurgens run. Its off to a good start so far. I like the way Jurgens writes Thor and the underlying plot with the Dark Gods and Asgard's destruction is an interesting one. Looking forward to seeing how it all goes.

The Kree empire was in tatters for nearly ten years, up until the (much-panned, but loved by me) Live Kree or Die and Maximum Security arcs, which attempted to reposition them and put them on a new path. It didn't really take, and by Annihilation Conquest they were back to being the same ol' Kree, diminished from their classic status quo but no longer occupied by the Shi'ar.