DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

Can't say I'm interested in any of them even with such a strong line-up. I was hoping for something more in between Episodes VI and VII. It also annoys me as it took Aaron away from books I cared a lot more about.

I'm kinda confused that there's a new Thor that's a woman AND Thor and Loki are getting a sister. Is this the same woman? And if not, is Angela either of them???

Angela is thor and loki's long-lost sister. It's bein explained in the original sin thor/loki mini.

The new female Thor is allegedly not Angela.

I'm kinda confused that there's a new Thor that's a woman AND Thor and Loki are getting a sister. Is this the same woman? And if not, is Angela either of them???

Angela is thor and loki's long-lost sister. It's bein explained in the original sin thor/loki mini.

The new female Thor is allegedly not Angela.

Ah, ok. Thanks. Guess I gotta read that issue.

Did the 99 cent marvel unlimited thing.  Should be way easier to just go right to the next issue.  Reader doesn't let you zoom or use the mousewheel.

Marvel Unlimited is best used on an Ipad or tablet.  It kind of sucks on a laptop because it frames the pages wrong about 50% of the time.

Aaron's entire run has been very, very good

Still so bummed he's not doing Wolverine & the X-Men anymore. That series was so great under him.

Paul O'brien from House to Astonish put out a call for people to try and explain the first arc of the new series and no one could.

His review:

https://www.housetoastonish.com/?p=2628

As a side note, maybe I'm just out of touch with the modern comic pulse, but does anyone else feel like they are making way bigger of a deal out of Angela than she actually warrants?

• Like 1

Could be.  At least with Miracle Man, I get why they invested in it, and promoted it as a big deal.

Angela appeared in, what, 10 comics?  15?  And it had been well over a decade since the last one.  It's not like Spawn is so massively popular anymore, either.

(That said, I enjoyed the way Bendis used her in GotG, and don't have a problem with the character.  I'm just not sold on her being that valuable of a property.)

The bought Angela as a way to clear up the rights issues with Gaiman's Miracleman stories. (Taking away Mcfarlane's ability to use her or reprint anything she was in made Gaiman happy enough to sign over whatever claim he had to Miracleman, plus got him to agree to finish his storyline.)

Now that the reprints aren't really doing well enough to justify the cost, they have to start pushing the negotiation tactic, in hopes that it'll all work out fiscally.

Aaron's entire run has been very, very good

Still so bummed he's not doing Wolverine & the X-Men anymore. That series was so great under him.

Paul O'brien from House to Astonish put out a call for people to try and explain the first arc of the new series and no one could.

His review:

https://www.housetoastonish.com/?p=2628

I understood the first arc with not too much difficulty, but I can totally understand why it a problem for others.

I figure it was way too late for the reprints to be that interesting.  Anyone who really wanted to read Marvelman/Miracleman presumably did so through extralegal means years ago.

Now, if the new stuff from Gaiman doesn't sell, they have an issue.

Personally, Angela feels a little bit special just because she's more or less the first character that Marvel has purchased like this and so fully integrated into their universe. It's not like DC where it was done a bunch before I even started to read comics. Yeah, sure, Godzilla or Rom has been there before, but Marvel never actually owned them, not like this. 

And it does feel sort of important now, with the whole Thor's sister thing, even if it hadn't really before. Gillen will do an amazing job with her, and the Gamora/Angela friendship is shaping up well.