DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

My gut says that it's Jane and that Thor somehow merges with her to save her.

They say it's a completely new character.

Scratch that, here's more from Aaron today.

Is this new Thor a character we've met already? Or is she a character we'll meet very soon?

When I say new character I mean a new version of Thor. Who the person is behind the mask will be a big question mark. The Thor we know will not know the answer to that question. Odin won't know the answer to that. No one will know who this new Thor is.

I'm not going to reveal who's behind the mask of this new Thor, but if you look back over "Thor: God of Thunder" you'll find quite a few suspects. We've had quite a few female characters who have played quite big roles in the series so far. We also have a few more who will be playing roles in the new series. So if you're looking for suspects we have quite a few of them.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54083

They actually spoiled it a month or two ago when they revealed the Time Runs Out cover for Avengers.

Superior Iron Man (still Tony) was also announced along with the Avengers NOW initiative (think Marvel NOW and All New Marvel NOW from the last two years).

I have no problem with Sam getting the shield, but it just seems like we just finished a "Cap's sidekick assumes the mantle of Captain America" story.  I don't feel like enough time has passed to be doing this again.

The only Marvel books I currently read are Cap, Amazing Spider-Man, Deadpool, & Iron Man Seriously thinking of dropping Cap & Iron Man. The whole Tony Stark isn't really a Stark thing is convoluted and dumb and I have always really enjoyed Steve Rogers as Captain America. Why couldn't they just give Falcon his own book and really push him as a top tier hero? I loved Superior Spider-Man and I am really enjoying Amazing again. I also really dig Deadpool right now despit not picking up the Deadpool vs Dracula crap.

Thor God of Thunder is probably my favorite Marvel title, and I have to agree with Jason Aaron.  That book has three very different Thors, and as long as Aaron is writing it I'm sure having a female Thor is going to be great. 

I have no problem with Sam getting the shield, but it just seems like we just finished a "Cap's sidekick assumes the mantle of Captain America" story.  I don't feel like enough time has passed to be doing this again.

It hasn't. Bucky really never should have lost the mantle. That said I'm kind of ok with this. I actually like the idea of Falcon taking over. I just wish Marvel would actually stick with it for more than a few years.

So for all the complaining about FemThor, BlackCap, and all other righteous indignation based on changing a character, haven't the last few character upheavals been pretty damn good?  I thought Superior Spider-Man was a win.  Miles Morales as the new Ultimate Spider-Man has been damn good.  Bringing back the original X-Men has been the most interesting part of the X-Men universe in years.  What was the last one of these controversial character changes that wasn't at least pretty good?

Definitely the latter. The guy is going to continue in a book called Unworthy Thor.

Where did you see that? So far all I've seen is confirmation that Thor himself will still be around using Jarnbjorn,

It hasn't. Bucky really never should have lost the mantle. That said I'm kind of ok with this. I actually like the idea of Falcon taking over. I just wish Marvel would actually stick with it for more than a few years.

They might if not for the movies. Expect Steve Rogers to be Cap again by the time Avengers 2 comes out.