DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

The cringe is strong in this week's Ant-Man. There are parts I like, but it feels like all the characters are being hammered into shapes that don't suit them to make the comedy-of-despair angle work.

And someone needs to tell Raz that the Giant Man hood looks even more ridiculous with facial hair.

have they announced how many issues Civil War II is gonna be?

Nope.

Got an odd question. Is there any version of Goblin right now (as in Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, etc.) that is a good guy??? Or has there been recently?

Nope. Well, Harry Osborn is working for Parker Industries, if that counts. Hobgoblin (Kingsley) was "inverted" during Axis, and had a pretty entertaining mini-series about him selling hero franchises and self-help books.

Heard about Marvel's "Dead No More" tease?

Only two weeks after the initial teaser, Marvel has released a new hint that the "Dead No More" character will be Spider-Man-related with a new image. The image shows the "Dead No More" text against a red curtain which is covered in spider webs.

DEAD-NO-MORE-2-cb3e4.jpg

Marvel offers a brief description for the issue, which reads: "If you got a chance to bring back someone who died, would you? And how will CLASSIFIED deal when ones they thought long dead once again walk the earth?"

The answer to the teaser will be revealed on Free Comic Book Day. Marvel's offering this year will be a free lead-in to "Captain America: Steve Rogers" from writer Nick Spencer and artist Jesus Saiz. The second half of the flip-book will reveal the secret of the "Dead No More" teaser.

Credit: comicbookresources.com

Hoping it's either Otto Octavius in a Superior Spider-Man book, Ben Reilly and Kaine Parker. 

Leave Uncle Ben and Gwen Stacy.

With Bucky though, there was storyline use for him as am active character. Ben Parker isn't going to be a costumed hero, and he served a greater purpose dead than alive.

So it'll be him.

With Bucky though, there was storyline use for him as am active character. Ben Parker isn't going to be a costumed hero, and he served a greater purpose dead than alive.

So it'll be him.

There are already alternate earth Bens out there, so they kind of already using him.

Read Captain Marvel #1. Its mostly intro to the set up, but its off to a solid start. Still it sort of annoys me as its basically SWORD with Carol in charge and for some reason no alien hires. Not really sure why the name change or what the point of putting Carol in charge is when she is going to be focused on the action and Brand is still around (which very much pleases me). Still I like what is there so far. It definitely feels like a step up from DeConnick's series.

Read Captain Marvel #1. Its mostly intro to the set up, but its off to a solid start. Still it sort of annoys me as its basically SWORD with Carol in charge and for some reason no alien hires. Not really sure why the name change or what the point of putting Carol in charge is when she is going to be focused on the action and Brand is still around (which very much pleases me). Still I like what is there so far. It definitely feels like a step up from DeConnick's series.

To be fair, Brand has failed at her job repeatedly. Carol has been part of foiling 2 different alien invasions. The interesting thing about the new Cap is the inclusion of Alpha Flight.

To be fair, Brand has failed at her job repeatedly. Carol has been part of foiling 2 different alien invasions. The interesting thing about the new Cap is the inclusion of Alpha Flight.

Well seeing as Brand was given shit for resources with no geniuses but McCoy on his off time from the X-men and little to no super powered agents it was sort of hard to stop alien invasions. Besides Brand was offered the job first, waiting to see why she turned it down. Its just feel a bit artificial and unnecessary to give Carol the promotion when it sort of obvious Brand will still be doing the actual work for the job title.

I thought most, if not all, of Alpha Flight had been killed off. I was surprised to see Puck and Sasquatch.

I believe they were revived a few years ago.

In the new episode of the podcast, I talk to Colleen Coover and Paul Tobin about Bandette, their all-ages work at Marvel and upcoming projects (and soccer talk). And reviews of two books everyone should read before they are gone: Illuminati and The Vision.

http://tinyurl.com/winter24

• Like 1

What are some good semi-recent Blade stories or volumes to read on Marvel Unlimited? I've never read much Blade.

Captain Britain and MI13 and Mighty Avengers v2 were great team books with Blade in the cast. Don't remember the last good solo story I read.

Thanks, I read most of Mighty Avengers already. It was neat. I saw a solo series on Unlimited that looks like it was just after Civil War. No idea if it's good or not, but it seems short, I'll try it.