DVDVR Message Board

DC Comics omnibus thread

odessasteps

and apparently Barbara Gordon is now 12?

James

this.

that costume is the most un-Babs thing i've ever seen. i only get 3 DC books. i'll give the first issue a try, but i may be down to 2.

and apparently Barbara Gordon is now 12?

James

this.

that costume is the most un-Babs thing i've ever seen. i only get 3 DC books. i'll give the first issue a try, but i may be down to 2.

While I might be going from one book(Green Arrow) to two books. It looks interesting and refreshing which is not something I tend to associate with DC these days. Plus for me Babs being in a Batgirl costume in a comic book is completely un-Babs to me(Killing Joke came out when I was 5 or 6.) 

I think one of the announcements I read basically said she'd be moving to a hipster neighhorhood for grad school.

Maybe she can write the grad school thesis on superheroes tht Jessie Quick never finished.

Cam Stewart:

One young girl saying she's inspired by Batgirl is worth 20 dudes complaining that the costume looks "hipster"

except that half of those 20 dudes are buying comics, and that girl just likes the costume.

I'm kinda there too, on both it and Gotham Academy.  Gonna read the first few issues, and if they are good, I may very well end up buying both in collected editions.

Yeah, DC is finally going outside the box in tone and in creative teams.  It should have been done in the high profile relaunch, but at least they are doing it.

Gotham Academy is something alright. That's what at least one third of the new52 books should have felt like on launch.

Yeah, DC is finally going outside the box in tone and in creative teams.  It should have been done in the high profile relaunch, but at least they are doing it.

this is very true. the relaunch was really more like "hey, here's the same book you were buying before, but they're different now in ways that we may or may not ever explain".

Super Spy Grayson, Hipster Babs, plus a prep school set in Gotham? i'm not sure what world this is, but it's definitely not the "Old 52".

p.s.

i've since softened my stance on the new Batgirl. i'm still not a big fan of the costume and making her look 12, but i will give it a fair try and see how i like the storyline.

even if it's not for me, i wish it the best of luck.

How old is Babs even supposed to be in all of this anyway. You'd figure in her 20s, but some of this fanart makes her seem about 12.

She should be around 22-23 now with a year having gone by now within the New 52 DCU. She only looks so young due to the new artist's redesign. I'm still not fond of the new design, at least not with the New 52. It feels more like it should have been a design for a time period Elseworld project.