DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact: Hardcore Justice Spoilers for 8/21

*Taped for Xplosion: Tigre Uno def. Crazzy Steve

TNA Impact Wrestling: Hardcore Justice - Airing August 21 from New York City, NY

*Promo with Ethan Carter III, Rockstar Spud, & Rhino. EC3 blames everything that happened on Rhino. EC3 then attacks Rhino and lays him out.

*Gail Kim def. Angelina Love, Velvet Sky, & Taryn Terrell to retain the knockouts championship

*Bram def. Abyss in the Stairway to Janice match

*The Hardyz come out for an in-ring promo. They get interrupted by Team 3D and then the Wolves. All three teams talk setting up a triple threat tag team match for next week.

*Samoa Joe def. Low Ki to retain the X Division Championship

*Mr. Anderson def. Samuel Shaw in an I Quit match. After the match, Gunner made the save for Shaw.

*Bobby Roode vs Eric Young vs Gunner vs Magnus vs James Storm vs Austin Aries in a six-man steel cage match to determine the new number one contender is the main event. In the end, Roode & Young both escape the cage at the same time. They argue but no winner is decided on.

• 2 weeks later...

The opening saying "Impact's signature hardcore event moves to a new night!" sure made it seem like a one-off timeslot change. Taz put over it being a regular thing. The Stairway to Janice match was a goofy video game weapons match, but not awful. The EC3-Spud-Rhino stuff was fun. Glad to see Rhino back as a face, and EC3 maintaining his excellent role. Joe-Ki was fantastic - Joe's best match in ages. Each guy looked great, and it's such a shame that Low-Ki has been his own worst enemy because he really should be riding the wive of New Japan's success right now too. I quit was illogical and stupid. That match was devoid of good. The 3D-Hardy-Wolves series should be good - shame it was set up in such a blah way here. Kudos to TNA for congratulating Christy Hemme on being pregnant - TNA's like the most fertile company ever. Gail-Love wasn't a great match overall, but had some fantastic stuff. The ending in particular was amazing. LOVED LOVED LOVED MVP putting Lashley over as the man and rattling off his impressive kill streak since June. The 6-sides of steel was really hurt by ad breaks and just being a bunch of stuff to fill time. There was no real story told. The three-way face submission spot was cute. Ditto the double tower of doom spot. The cage race was a nice homage to Hogan-Orndorff, but the lack of a finish hurt. I liked them hyping up the tag series as the big hook next week, and putting the timeslot change over better, but they should really replay this particular show on Thursday night to cement it because it's hard to imagine it retaining the higher ratings and thus the on-air momentum TNA has.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/08/tna-impact-8-20-14.html

Screens -

cf05af346313217.jpg

7c0267346315525.jpg

43071c346318354.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/la1zp4vdowl3gwjtke33c7t6v3d9111n

Fun show overall. Liked it getting straight to action with Stairway to Janice which had some crazy bumps. Joe/Ki was good stuff. Angelina/Gail was very enjoyable if a bit short and had some awesome moments. Angelina's steel chair botox injection looked excellent and the finish looked very well done too with a brutal landing.

I've participated in more exciting I quit matches whist seated on my porcelain throne. My gritting teeth have had some intense battles with my nearly-debilitating constipation. 

Why have those guys wrestle when we'd all be more entertained by time spent on repeat visits to Ms Shaw's house?