DVDVR Message Board

Stuff. Not good. Not bad. Just...stuff.

Cristobal

44 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I have and use Facebook. I almost never post outside of groups or in reply to the posts of other people. I get a ton of entertainment from groups. 

I have and never use Instagram. I created an account as part of a giveaway promotion. I don't really understand the appeal and find it incredibly annoying to use. 

I have and never use Twitter. I think the concept is stupid and it's annoying to use. 

I have Facebook, post stuff once in a while, and hate it. I especially hate the wrestling tribalism. Like what you like, and let others like what the fuck they want in peace.

I've never used Instagram or Twitter. 

• Like 1

Just realized I’m doing something for the first time since March 2020

That thing being “watching the Ohio Valley Conference tournament on the same day that I judged at a debate tournament” which happened multiple times with how the OVC tournament finishes in the same weekend that this tournament happens.

The tournament didn’t happen in person in 2021, I didn’t judge in 2022, and the 2023 tournament was on a different weekend last year (the second Friday of conference tournament season instead of the first)

There’s a certain amount of takes I have about local KC area high schools that I’ve only been to for debate tournaments. But they seemingly pick their schools based off of which schools are off on a Friday in March.

Or off of “which districts have an available building on a Tuesday at the end of March” which is how I judged a high school Congress round on the day that the Ultimate Warrior died.

Anyways, every kid doing debate uses a laptop during rounds now. I’m sure I would have been slightly less mediocre if I could have done that when I competed in Debate.

21 hours ago, Zimbra said:

My debit card got compromised and got some unauthorized charges, which is actually the less annoying part of the story.

The annoying part is that their new debit card design is printed upside-down from every other card on the planet: the mag stripe is on the bottom and the chip is on the right.  I had no idea how much muscle memory goes into pulling out and swiping my debit card until I was doing it backwards every time.

Reminds me of going to swipe at Walgreens and fucking up every time. They even put those tiny Ikea-esque visual instructions on the machine that just confuse you more. I think the person working register has just done it for me every time after the first attempt. 

Between The Sheets pointing out the Vince announcer verbal tics really messed me when I judged a round today where one of the Extemp speakers had to have said "nonetheless" at least a half-dozen times in 7 minutes.

No other Vince cliches though.

• Haha 2

Someone my mother knew would constantly say "needless to say" during conversations.  It was basically a game within the house when she came over: someone find a newspaper, grab a pencil, and start blindly making marks to count.  I think the record was something like 17.

Also, if it's "needless to say", why the fuck you sayin' it, idiot??  Ugh.  Hated her.

• Like 1

Mentally and physically knackered with my Birthday on Wednesday, the tenth since losing my much missed Mum and Mother's Day today, also the tenth since her passing. Got a chill from seeing her today as it's been raining all day. Taken my diazepam and painkillers and I'm going to sleep.

• Like 7

I swear I can’t win. Was out doing some errands and my right rear tire popped! Luckily I made it to the tire shop but the left rear is bad too. So I’m sitting here and waiting as they put two new tires on. Ugh 😑 

I asked them not to charge me an arm and a leg though. I don’t have a leg to spare! 😂

Edited by brynn9292
  • Haha 8

Man, there are a lot of buses in this county, but not nearly enough of them running over my shitty neighbors.  Also great to complain multiple times to the building management about it, only to have them, as of 2 hours ago, talk to me like I was fucking crazy and just making it all up.  Like I don't recognize people's voices after 2 years or can't tell when things are literally hitting the shared wall between bedrooms.  Let's just say the email I sent to that management douchebag's boss was...lengthy.

Edited by Contentious C
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 4:08 PM, The Natural said:

I saw Dr Chadwick this week to get my Trazodone cut down as I felt better on the 50mg. Dr. Chadwick brought up there's a mental health nurse down there and I said I'd think about it. Get a text today to find I've been booked with this mental health nurse even though I didn't say yes. I've only seen Dr Chadwick sooner because I wanted my Trazodone dosage change, next week is a trigger with my Birthday/Mother's Day and I couldn't get in with Dr Eldridge for that week, it's the week after. I now have a medicine review next week with a doctor I don't like. Way to make things worse. Feels like I'm been shipped around.

On 3/1/2024 at 10:51 AM, The Natural said:

I did Pilates. Enjoyed that.

Cancelled my appointment with Dr Chadwick and the doctor I don't like for next week. Not happy with Dr Chadwick for that or the mental health nurse either when I said I'll think about it. Will wait to get put on the Trazodone 50mg with Dr Eldridge. Shame it's a fortnight away.

Saw Dr Eldridge yesterday and she put me back on 50mg Trazodone straight away. Shame you can't bottle up the first week of two on it. Only had that feeling once or twice after. Hopefully the decrease will help. I seemed to be better on that dose. Dad and Laura agree. I've come to realise that antidepressants won't fix everything and I'll probably have depression forever. In the past I didn't take some antidepressants right because I naively expected it to take all my pain away, fear of weight gain (which I have on Trazodone) and stiff upper lip mentality. Trazodone is a last resort one Dr Jundi told me, who came up with it and it works on me. Two did before but one affected my heart and the other is no longer prescribed. Disappointed in Dr Chadwick as I expected better. I see the mental health practitioner next week.

Edited by The Natural

So I downloaded FaceApp and some stuff happened.

Edited by AxB

A week ago I noticed some anomalies with the water supply. Turns out it was two separate leaks. I'm not one for messing with plumbing or electricity. The first leak was fixed on Monday. The second on Wednesday. Fixing the first revealed the second. Since the house is 40+ years old and the water lines(Quest) are obsolete any sort of repair requires some splicing. All is well for now. The next step would be a "repiping"(which would modernize the plumbing, but it's not cheap) and then everything would be good to go.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, driver said:

A week ago I noticed some anomalies with the water supply. Turns out it was two separate leaks. I'm not one for messing with plumbing or electricity. The first leak was fixed on Monday. The second on Wednesday. Fixing the first revealed the second. Since the house is 40+ years old and the water lines(Quest) are obsolete any sort of repair requires some splicing. All is well for now. The next step would be a "repiping"(which would modernize the plumbing, but it's not cheap) and then everything would be good to go.

I’m with you on that. Plumbing and electricity is stuff I don’t mess with. Too many things could go wrong. 

Glad your leak(s) got fixed though!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, driver said:

2 hours ago, brynn9292 said:

I’m with you on that. Plumbing and electricity is stuff I don’t mess with. Too many things could go wrong. 

Glad your leak(s) got fixed though!

We're lucky as I have an Uncle who is a Plumber/Electrican/Gas Engineer and his Son is also who helps fix those when required.

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

brynn9292, is that you in your profile picture? Nice seeing the face behind the username.

Here's me with my Dad and Sister on my birthday, 6th March 2024:

https://ibb.co/MSzbH8h

Yep! That’s me! Glad you like it!

And that’s a nice picture of all of you that you shared. Nice to see the face behind the username as well 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, onelegbrynn said:

Yep! That’s me! Glad you like it!

And that’s a nice picture of all of you that you shared. Nice to see the face behind the username as well 🙂

Indeed I do. Thanks for the kind words too :).

On 3/16/2024 at 4:59 PM, driver said:

Oh man, I feel for you.  When we were house hunting the first time, maybe 15ish years ago, we were looking at one house and the realtor saw polybutylene plumbling in an otherwise decent house and he immediately directed us to just turn around and walk out.

Edited by Technico Support

We just had to let the family dog go. Leo was 15 years old, so he had a pretty good, long life. Spoiled rotten dachshund, totally unsocialized and barked at everything, loved my mom from the day he chose her out of the group of puppies she was introduced to. They took him to the doctor ("the girls", as they were known here) and he was diagnosed with kidney failure. I've been through it once before with our basset hound Comet who lived about as long and it was a relief for her to not be in pain anymore. Leo was barely eating and looked terrible, he got bad really quick over the last 2-3 months, so it's good that he won't be suffering worse. I loved him a lot. 

• Sad 14

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

We just had to let the family dog go. Leo was 15 years old, so he had a pretty good, long life. Spoiled rotten dachshund, totally unsocialized and barked at everything, loved my mom from the day he chose her out of the group of puppies she was introduced to. They took him to the doctor ("the girls", as they were known here) and he was diagnosed with kidney failure. I've been through it once before with our basset hound Comet who lived about as long and it was a relief for her to not be in pain anymore. Leo was barely eating and looked terrible, he got bad really quick over the last 2-3 months, so it's good that he won't be suffering worse. I loved him a lot. 

So sorry for your loss. It's the biggest responsibility as a pet owner doing the right thing when the time's right. Losing a pet is one of the worst pains ever. I love and miss them all but especially Rayven big time. Rayven was diagnosed in May 2021 with a rare cancer at 5, she made her 6th birthday in August 2021 and passed September 2021. Fuck cancer. I lost 5 of my family in 2021. 3 people. 2 dogs.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

My condolences Curt.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2024 at 11:40 AM, Technico Support said:

Oh man, I feel for you.  When we were house hunting the first time, maybe 15ish years ago, we were looking at one house and the realtor saw polybutylene plumbling in an otherwise decent house and he immediately directed us to just turn around and walk out.

Been here over twenty years, it's been paid off for fifteen years and property taxes are $40/yr., so putting money into improvements are well worth it. Also moving sucks and no drive by's in the time here. All it took was one in eighty plus years of the old house being in the family to pull up stakes and GTFO South Bend.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2024 at 12:29 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Sorry for your loss. 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 10:29 AM, Curt McGirt said:

So sorry for your loss Curt, I've been there a few times myself and it never gets any easier.

• Like 1