DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

I am about to finally have my car paid off, and I need it to last me at least another five years before I even want to think about replacing it.

I took it for an oil change today, and they told me that I had a green fluid leaking out of it from my AC.

I am so tired of having to address something other than a $30 oil change, and I am tired of being nickled and dimed by the BS of life.

If it's green, it's likely a coolant leak, which you can fix pretty cheap, though if it KEEPS happening you'll need to replace your radiator, or get the hoses checked for a leak.

Yeah, the guy said one of the lines had a pretty bad leak, and it was about a $525 repair for the part and the work.

I get my oil changes at the dealership, so I have a feeling I can find a local AC guy to fix it for much cheaper than that (I'm thinking closer to $300).

Chaos, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but you are getting completely screwed over there . If you're able to do the job yourself I would highly recommend it. I checked autozones website and they had a radiator hose for 40 and the two inserts for 2.99 a piece. Granted the prices may vary according to the location of your store ( my closest location just happened to be in Lima Ohio) , but it be well worth the investment if you can get yourself or maybe a buddy to be able to help you with the installation.

Yeah, the guy said one of the lines had a pretty bad leak, and it was about a $525 repair for the part and the work.

I get my oil changes at the dealership, so I have a feeling I can find a local AC guy to fix it for much cheaper than that (I'm thinking closer to $300).

tumblr_inline_n8ktlotnwf1s8lqng.gif

Jerry's right, hoses are an easy swap out, you should be able to get it done much cheaper.

Girlfriend's dog (Buddha, female Ridgeback/PB cross) got sick and spent two days at the vet: $1000 for them to tell us she's got massive kidney failure and needed to be put down for another 250 bucks. As I'm staying to witness this, my mother is on the phone telling me she's being taken off her current cancer treatment because her cancer is getting worse.

Fun Tuesday.

My car is just under a year away from being paid off and I'm lucky it's held up as well as it has.  Unfortunately I ran up my Firestone card on tire replacements and other repairs earlier this year after I had only planned on using said card for oil changes.  Between that and my hospital balance going to a collection agency, any breathing room I had from my car insurance going down is long gone.  :P

I just saw the worst person in the world.

I was at the local Starbucks. (Don't judge, I love their pumpkin spice latte.) I was sitting down when I hear this dude say to one of the baristas, "Excuse me, but is there a reason my venti is just sitting there?" She gave it to him and then went back to doing her job. "I really appreciate it." The dude could not have said this in more italics. This was accompanied with an eye roll, a dismissive head shake, and a sigh.

He had a beard that looked like pubic hair was glued to his face, a god awful earring, and was dressed like post-heel turn Seth Rollins but with a vest and a white tie.

I finished my drink and headed to my car. This guy was in his car (a Prius, naturally). It had that stick figure sticker in the window and the name of a band. I looked up the band -- they're some awful cover band that plays at the bigger awful bars in Philly and down the shore.

Man, MY beard looks like pubic hair (I mean, technically it IS) I let it grow and grow and grow, and it only ever looks like it's about an inch long because it's so kinky.  I measure once and it was 9 inches long, but just sat there on my face looking like Pete's beard.

Everyone has bad service. It happens. But just be nice about it. "Excuse me, but I think that's my drink," in a gentle tone is how I handle that situation.

I think it depends how many times that happens, though. If this is his regular Starbucks and the new girl just sucks and is always screwing things up...we baby people too much. If you fuck up at your job, you shouldn't just be allowed to fuck up all the time and get a pass. Although the guy drives a Prius so I'm sure he's just a dink to everyone.

BUT...they are supposed to announce your drink: the kid at my Starbucks did it to me, yesterday: handed my daughters their chocolate shake thingamajigs but never told me my PSL was ready. I let it slide...but only this time. ;)

Everyone has bad service. It happens. But just be nice about it. "Excuse me, but I think that's my drink," in a gentle tone is how I handle that situation.

My beard looks like it was a gift from the Norse gods and I yell at people for a living. I'm still able to ask nicely for my coffee. I'm a grown up...and not a sack of douche.

• Like 2

Baby grabbed the iPod while it was still attached to the laptop. Instead of the iPod disconnecting from the wire, or the wire disconnecting from the USB port, naturally, the whole damn laptop went flying and now its dead.

I probably should have backed up all my shit, huh?

tumblr_inline_n8ktlotnwf1s8lqng.gif

Jerry's right, hoses are an easy swap out, you should be able to get it done much cheaper.

This is my thought too. It's the manifold line and not the radiator hose. Whatever that means.

I think I can find an AC guy for $300.

My stepdad used to work for that dealership, so I ran it by him to see if he could get me a better deal (my warranty covers everything except tires and brakes, and gives me free inspections for life so I only have to pay for emissions).

After a year of increasing maintenance woes and assorted declining service, I was informed today that my apartment complex will be raising my rent by $102/month. With 29 days' notice in case I want to find another place that I can actually afford, and which is located in a place that I can actually live given I will never be able to drive but also don't qualify for paratransit. HOORAY FOR THE BURGEONING TEXAS ECONOMY.

After months of searching for a job, I'm laid off from my current one after only 5 months. Found out yesterday that they're restructuring and everyone in my department got let go. This is a start-up company nonetheless. I've only got a couple thousand in savings, getting real worried it might take a couple of months to get hired somewhere that pays an actual livable wage. Ugh!

It had that stick figure sticker in the window and the name of a band. I looked up the band -- they're some awful cover band that plays at the bigger awful bars in Philly and down the shore.

Let me guess; Mr. Greengenes, Lima Bean Riot, or Split Decision?