DVDVR Message Board

A DRAGON AGE THREAD

RIPPA

After price matching with Gamestop and trading in Madden 15, I picked this up for $5.14 after tax on Saturday. I'm about 3 hours in and just got to the War Table.

I was going to scout all of the available areas before going to the Hinterlands. I didn't pay attention and chose "collect gold" first, which has an hour timer.

I have done the two quests in the Haven, so I am guessing that is going to leave me standing around doing nothing for an hour unless you have any suggestions.

I am about half-way to level 4 at the moment.

so how did you guys resolve Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts. It was able to pull off reconciling Celene and Briala, which seemed like the best ending by far.

I haven't figured out how to get all three working together. Usually Gaspard gets the boot and Briala gets exiled. I need to look up some hints.

You need to find all of the Halla statues. This way you can enter Celene's room and get dirt on her as well.

I am finishing up my game world in the Keep so I can start playing DA:I Today.

I really dislike that all the default choices are that either someone died or you fought with someone.

Partly because that is the complete opposite of my play style but more importantly - it means it takes far longer to set up the world

I am finishing up my game world in the Keep so I can start playing DA:I Today.

I really dislike that all the default choices are that either someone died or you fought with someone.

Partly because that is the complete opposite of my play style but more importantly - it means it takes far longer to set up the world

I left everything at default just because the computer I was on was terrible, and I did not really know where to look for the right choices.

Well for Origins - I remember what my choices were

For DA2 - I kinda knew but since I was in such a blind rage over that game anyway - I am just looking on the Dragon Age 2 wiki to re-read and then decide what I want to do.

Hit the Hinterlands proper today.

Have only died once and that is because my squad over-presuded a Ram right into an enemy camp.

Bioware in general really struggles with getting the proper size of the subtitles. Heck - all the text in this game is far too tiny.

• Like 1

Almost walked into that first dragon - luckily I stopped moving so she started flying around but we were able to retreat back into the tunnel we came out of.

You would have been nice though if a fucking guard would warn me.

I also enjoy the folks at Redcliffe Farms being totally non-pulsed about there being a rift 5 feet from their door.

Bioware in general really struggles with getting the proper size of the subtitles. Heck - all the text in this game is far too tiny.

True, and old gods help you if you're on that pixel in between two conversations, or a conversation and the bard. You'll get some text from one, some from another, then none...

Oh yeah - apprently the game wasn't too pleased when I said I only died once.

Went to close another one of those rifts two inches from Redcliffe Farms and next thing I know some witch type thing was red beaming everyone and suddenly it's just poor Solas running around trying to revive everyone.

That didn't go well

Couldn't figure out why my inventory was always maxed out. Realized I had never sold any of my valuables.

I am an idiot.

Also finally figured out how to craft upgrades to my weapons and armor - so that helped.

I loved the game, but they could have had a little more fan service for the players who played through all three games.  The Hero of Ferelden could have been included in a quest.  They did it with a couple other characters, and it seems kind of stupid that they didn't go to The Hero of Ferelden for help.  He didn't need to be a focal point in the story, but a cameo appearance would have been great.  I also think Isabella should have been more than a passing mention.

I think the main reason the Hero won't be seen is we all have different heroes with different voices. It's not worth it... now they could kill off the Hero. That would be an easy fix. You go to find the Hero and all that's left is his/her body.

Considering the set up left from the war table operation for the HOF I would be surprised if one of the DLC's isn't focused on the character. I kind of expect the same for Hawke.

If one of the DLC's isn't bringing the DA:2 gang back together for a mission, either playing as Hawke or the Inquisitor trying to save Hawke, I'll be a bit let down.

Added 3 new party members in rapid succession

And now I have hit that time in the game that always happens in Bioware games were I constantly stress if I selected the right party and if I am building the characters the right way.

It was so much easier when I had no say in the matter.

For me it all depends on the type of character I need.

Varric is my archer while Sera is acting as my "rogue" if you will ie: stabbing the fuck out of people with daggers.

Who knows if this was the right way to build them but so be it