DVDVR Message Board

A DRAGON AGE THREAD

RIPPA

I am actually about to do that mission myself.

Pretty much am going to do the final part of Cullen and Solas' missions and then I have nothing left to do outside of killing the dragon in the Emerald Graves. (The rest of Empire Du Lion is blocked off for me since I am so not ready to get close to any of the three dragons there)

I found that one fun but pretty damn frustrating as well,. I understand wanting people to experience Orlais's Game, but it really wasn't the direction they should have gone at all with that particular story considering how it was built up.

Also, 95% of what is talked about makes no sense unless you read The Masked Empire. And they really hammer it home that you are A Terrible Person if you want someone other than Celene on the throne.

I found that one fun but pretty damn frustrating as well,. I understand wanting people to experience Orlais's Game, but it really wasn't the direction they should have gone at all with that particular story considering how it was built up.

Also, 95% of what is talked about makes no sense unless you read The Masked Empire. And they really hammer it home that you are A Terrible Person if you want someone other than Celene on the throne.

Yep, they basically give you some minor cliff notes on The Masked Empire (which is a good read), and expect you to make choices based around that. The story really should have been a longer one that went into more depth on the situation. As far as being a terrible person to not choose Celene, you kind of are as you basically have to let her be murdered to choose anyone else. You can call it a pragmatic issue, but its still kind of makes you a bad person.

Yeah, from the sounds of this Empress deal, I can tell I am going to hate this game. 

I still have a burning sensation in the pit of my stomach for putting that douchebag, Bhelen, on the throne of Orzammar for the good of the realm.  I haven't felt that badly about a Bioware in-game decision since Virmire.

I've come to the realization that I'm basically role playing Jose Mourinho whenever I play Bioware games.  It's always my party against the world.  I'll go to the wall for the folks in my party, but I will go out of my way to piss off/fuck with everybody else in these.  I can't help it that they always make being a heel more run.

• Like 2

I had no problem putting Bhelen on the thrown, but I never actually got into the nitty gritty of his being an incredible bastard within the game and mostly on heard about his reforming plans for Orzammar.

Yeah, the Dwarven Commoner origin says a lot about Bhelen as a progressive leader and the Dwarven Noble origin really shows what a complete tool Bhelen is.

My Human Noble didn't really care.   Bhelen was an ass, but his pledge of support for the war effort seemed more concrete than Harrowmount's wishy washy bullshit.

I wasn't really enjoying this game during my initial run through the Hinterlands. Having finished the Mass Effect trilogy in one shot last fall really spoiled me. I guess I was expecting similar gameplay to ME, and I'm not crazy about the MMO style combat here. Dragon's Dogma also spoiled me in terms of gameplay. But now that I have a better understanding of how everything works, I'm enjoying it a lot more. I've recruited Sera, Blackwall, Vivienne, and Iron Bull (the last thing I did). Obviously, I'm not far into the game. Cassandra is the only character I really like so far. Sera's banter is great though.

The waves in the storm coast are amazing. Perhaps the prettiest water I've ever seen in a game. 

Is it smarter to roll with 2 ranged (1 rogue archer, 1 mage) and 2 warriors? I've been rolling with 1 warrior so far, but I might change it up. I'm mostly using arrows, but occasionally switch to the stealth/dagger approach.

Is it smarter to roll with 2 ranged (1 rogue archer, 1 mage) and 2 warriors? I've been rolling with 1 warrior so far, but I might change it up. I'm mostly using arrows, but occasionally switch to the stealth/dagger approach.

I personally tend to go with your first one unless I'm trying to earn approval from someone specific. I have found that the rogues can get real squishy, even more so than the mages at times. But two mages, an archer, and a warrior can be just as good if you're careful about keeping the Barrier cooldowns managed.

• Like 1

I've been going with my main character (a two-handed warrior, reaver spec), usually either one of Cassandra or Blackwall, a rogue, and a mage thus far. The only rogue I really have specced for distance is Varric, but I hardly ever use him because, man, that crossbow is just about worthless. Maybe I just need to stuff some more upgrades into it or something.

I think my usual default party is me, Blackwall, Cole, and either Solas or Vivienne, depending on what sort of mood I'm in.

Yeah I also have 2 Warriors (one of them being me), a Mage and a Rogue.

I have Varrick and Sera speced for distance - Varrick using poisoned weapons tends to help make up for some of the shittiness that Bianca has in damage.

Grr... fucking Wicked Hands, Wicked Hearts

I hate fucking things were it is impossible to do all things. Totally fucks with my OCD.

I did mark the fuck out when

Morrigan

showed up

OH! I also fucking hate missions where you are constantly put into formal clothes have to keep re-equipping your weapons and armor. 

But I got the ending I was aiming for - it just took forever and a fucking day to get there.

I've been playing this game off and on since November, damn is it long.  Doesn't help I am a whore for side missions but there are still at least 30 I haven't done.  I have a stack of games I got for Christmas I need to play, so this game has gotta end soon.

I'm down to the point where I have a few missions in the Hissing Wastes to do, and then it's going to be going around and closing every fade rift in Thedas and tracking down dragons (only killed two so far) before I fire up What Pride Hath Wrought and get to the endgame.

When you can only really play on the weekends, games like this take forever. I think I got it a week after it came out, and I'm still working on it.

I did a lot of the side stuff in the beginning but a lot of it is too repetitive for me. I still do some of them, but I'm being selective. I'd take my time if not for getting Far Cry 4 in the mail the other day, and I'm also anticipating spending 100 hours on Bloodborne. 

I'd like to close all of the rifts, find all of the camps, kill some more Dragons and finish all of the Inner Circle quests.

I picked this game back up this week and am like six hours into it. (The fact that I rarely play for more than an hour at a time is a detriment to games like this).

I am scouring the Hinterlands and as everyone says, I just keep stumbling into side-quests and even got destroyed by my first dragon. Imagine my surprise as I stumble into this gorgeous looking stream and take in the scenery and then go "Oh look, a Dragon!" It's safe to say I started to go the other way after he disposed of me quite quickly.

I also did the Apostate Stronghold mission and ran out of supplies, so my final battle was essentially me running around, casting barrier when I could, waiting to recharge and then shocking my opponent at every chance I had.

Now, I'm a little screwed as I have to trek a long way to anywhere that I can rest and replenish supplies and there's still a lot of templars battling out in the fields that you can't avoid.

Now, I'm a little screwed as I have to trek a long way to anywhere that I can rest and replenish supplies and there's still a lot of templars battling out in the fields that you can't avoid.

You can fast travel from your menu to anywhere - Haven, one of the camps you have established, etc...

So you shouldn't have an issue of getting out of harms way

• Like 1