DVDVR Message Board

[LLDSS] STAGE TWO (ROUND of 16) - FREEBIRDS vs. HARTS

RIPPA

LLDSS STAGE TWO - ROUND of 16  

37 members have voted

1. 1. FREEBIRDS vs. HARTS

• FREEBIRDS (Hayes/Gordy)
    • BRET & OWEN HART

I'll be honest, I voted Brett/Owen because they are two wrestlers who I enjoy a lot; they are the team I'd want to watch more.  It's pretty obvious who's winning here and perhaps If I'd seen more Freebirds matches I'd be inclined to agree; but I stick by my vote.

Love the Harts, and Bret is certainly one of my all-time favorites. I would vote for them over many other longer tenured and successful teams, but cannot vote against my favorite team of the 80's.

I voted for the Harts more due to familiarity than anything. I have seen very little of the Freebirds during their peak. I actually watched the earliest episode of World Class on the Network, and I need to keep going through those. Although, I think a lot of what is getting posted would be towards the end of things.

From listening to Austin's podcast, I understand that everyone is in love with them, so I can see why they take this in a landslide.

Misawa/Kobashi come close, but I'd still vote Birds.

Though I'm not sure how you book the Birds over Vader and Bigelow in an actual match.  Shenanigans, I guess, but even then, it's a little hard to see who takes the pinfall and how. 

Freebirds should probably win this whole thing. I actually like Harts/Steiners and Harts/Quebecers a lot, but this is a deserved blowout and I'm glad the usual overrating of "the WWF that I grew up with and brings a tear to my tender poonum" didn't take hold. Kudos, nerds.