DVDVR Message Board

Random TNA News - may contain peanuts, spoilers or Orbitz gum

To remain relevant to the topic:

It appears there were some departures from TNA's front office.  Since no names were given, this probably negates its validity in the eyes of some one.

There appear to be some PPVs coming up, called "Unfinished Business: Best of the X Division" and "Unfinished Business: Bound for Glory."  Dunno why the tag "Unfinished Business" is being applied, nor do I really care.  Seems telling that a company like TNA has a branding of "unfinished business" on something.  Something something unintended shoot comments something something.

No TNA events are scheduled for 2015.  But it also appears that, due to TNA's rather healthy attitude toward pretaping, they may have their entire televised pro-duck in the can for the remainder of 2014.  This invariably jinxes someone on the current roster to either quit, be fired, or die.  Because TNA.

Jim Ross apparently had this to say: 

"Well they have to find a North American cable television partner. They gotta find it by the 1st of the year because that's when there extension with Spike ends. So they have to find that partner that pays them enough rights fees to help pay their bills. They can't make it, I don't think – that's my assumptions – I am assuming that TNA Impact wrestling cannot survive long term, simply on the money they earn outside the United States or outside North America. It's just not there to pay their bills, and other than that, they're gonna have to do some retooling on their business model and they're gonna have to work on their budget. So if they don't have that money, I think it's imperative that they get an North American cable outlet that pays them enough money to help them keep their doors open. And I hope that they succeed. They have a potential to be a good brand. I think they have a very variable talent roaster, but I would put it in terms this way, some of them are cast wrong if you wanna use a showbiz term. They're in the wrong rolls, and using an American Football term I think they're running the wrong system. Their talents aren't being used to fit the talent's strengths. But I have a lot of friends that work there and I hope they get a second chance and that they succeed in the future. TNA's gotta change the way they present their product if they do get in a new environment, and if they do, they have to become the alternative to the WWE and not be compared as a ‘WWE lite' comparison."

- But again ... consider the source.  This is only Jim Ross.  What the fuck has he ever done, to be a source for wrestling news?

• Like 2

Because he keeps saying stupid shit?

Look, I understand the guy being a TNA apologist - that's his right. But the Meltzer bashing is just plain off-base. EN0, you don't have to get too specific, given that this is the Internet, but give me even the smallest nugget of a credential that shows you know the smallest nugget of information about how journalism really works in the real world.

Look, I understand the guy being a TNA apologist - that's his right. But the Meltzer bashing is just plain off-base. EN0, you don't have to get too specific, given that this is the Internet, but give me even the smallest nugget of a credential that shows you know the smallest nugget of information about how journalism really works in the real world.

I can see that myself but it is the same redundant exchange page after page with no progress made.

Everyone knows what EN90's position is can we park the conversation until a later date and instead actually talk about TNA?

Probably because talking about TNA isn't very interesting and hasn't been for years, if ever, but poking at the crazy guy who has tied his own self-worth to this dysfunctional shitstorm of a wrestling promotion for years and years can at least be a little amusing?

• Like 4

People can talk about TNA in one of the weekly show/spoiler threads. Other than that, there isn't fuck all going on with TNA outside of this major issue that one particular person on this forum uses as their platform to bash Meltzer. 

Not to mention, anyone is more than welcome to try and steer this ship, rovert included. If you don't like the direction, what good does bitching about it do?

Probably because talking about TNA isn't very interesting and hasn't been for years, if ever, but poking at the crazy guy who has tied his own self-worth to this dysfunctional shitstorm of a wrestling promotion for years and years can at least be a little amusing?

There are other promotions if TNA isn't interesting.

Also you this thread and then the crap King of Trio name game in the CHIKARA thread. The lack of G1 talk was pretty grim too. This message board used to have a reputation of actually watching and talking about Wrestling. Now it is arguments, trolling and unfunny humour. It is the pits.

• Like 1

This. Is. The. TNA. Folder. Talking about TNA or shit related to it is generally what would occur in here.

TNA is just a rod to hit EN90 with.

I don't understand the desire to have the EXACT same exchange with him on every page of this thread on a daily basis.

This. Is. The. TNA. Folder. Talking about TNA or shit related to it is generally what would occur in here.

TNA is just a rod to hit EN90 with.

I don't understand the desire to have the EXACT same exchange with him on every page of this thread on a daily basis.

I've actually found it more enjoyable, since I blocked him and can act in a manner (sort of) like he doesn't exist.  It's spectacular, over here!

• Like 2

I'm not on here a ton which means I don't get to do that much moderation. But reading a lot of the longer threads here and they are cluttered up with people posting "why are you discussing this?" "why does anyone care about this", "please end this thread" posts.

This is a discussion board where people discuss stuff.

If you don't want to read that discussion, don't read it.

But whining like a baby, "why are people talking about this thing I don't care about" doesn't contribute to anything.

STFU, people who do care are talking...not everything is about you.

I will start giving people time outs for crying when grown folks talking.

You've been warned.

It's TNA. It's not like we're going to post quarterly ratings breakdowns or some shit.

I'm not on here a ton which means I don't get to do that much moderation. But reading a lot of the longer threads here and they are cluttered up with people posting "why are you discussing this?" "why does anyone care about this", "please end this thread" posts.

This is a discussion board where people discuss stuff.

If you don't want to read that discussion, don't read it.

But whining like a baby, "why are people talking about this thing I don't care about" doesn't contribute to anything.

STFU, people who do care are talking...not everything is about you.

I will start giving people time outs for crying when grown folks talking.

You've been warned.

It's TNA. It's not like we're going to post quarterly ratings breakdowns or some shit.

Do people even do that for RAW?

Even a hint of proper grammar would be a start.

Stop using Meltzer and "journalism" in the same paragraph. Its just wrong.

As far as this thread-- TNA threads have always been a clown show around here. Nobody usually bats an eye since bashing TNA and predicting their demise, based on false rumors that never seem to come to fruition, is the cool thing to do.

Its not about a new wave and young dudes hating

him or whatever. I just turned 28 and have been on the wrestling sites for 16 years.

Frankly, I blame each and every one of us for this. Parents, this is why you don't let your kids surf the internet at a formative age without heavy supervision. If my kid was on a site called LORDS OF PAIN there'd be some serious worries..

I've been visiting that site for fifteen years....

But if TNA is stuck with only the Velocity deal, does it even make sense to re-sign him?  I imagine Kurt gets a pretty penny over in TNA and if they suddenly find their budget slashed dramatically just to stay on TV shouldn't they just walk away from Kurt?  Isn't that money better spend on a few lower-price people?