DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2014: JUNE

RIPPA

Hey look at that - Michael Pineda shutdown during rehab due to pain in his back.

Yup - that is quite the cursed trade... with Pineda apparently being the Frogurt.

But at least I have dreamy dreamy Masahiro Tanaka

Milwaukee basically embarassed the Cubs today. They put up eight on Samardzija in 3 and chased him, Lohse with a 3 hitter CG shutout and Rizzo got tossed and they basically blew up their lineup the rest of the game.

Roenis Elias 3 hit complete game shut out vs Detroit for the Mariners

I was at this game. Scherzer wasn't sharp and the Tigers hitters acted like they were already on a plane. Terrible effort. Upside? We had great seats and got a free parking spot in the garage right next door. Great time but not a good game from my guys.

Milwaukee basically embarassed the Cubs today. They put up eight on Samardzija in 3 and chased him, Lohse with a 3 hitter CG shutout and Rizzo got tossed and they basically blew up their lineup the rest of the game.

To get back to this, apparently the Cubs were really excited about finishing the game as fast as possible to get to the Blackhawks game. Samardzija is a huge fan, as are many others, and coincidentally enough, it was their fastest game of the year. Take that for what it's worth.

So Erasmo Ramirez was dog shit like Erasmo Ramirez is yesterday. Sad thing is he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Other than the 5 guys in the starting rotation now, here are the rest of the starting pitchers on the Mariners 40 man roster:

Taijuan Walker (rehabbing from injury, probably the closest to coming back but they're not going to rush him)

James Paxton (looking like later June at the absolute earliest for him to be back from rehabbing his injury)

Blake Beavan (on the 60 day DL, also terrible)

Brandon Maurer (being converted to a reliever because he is a terrible SP)

Danny Hultzen (still recovering from shoulder surgery in October)

Anthony Fernandez (injured his elbow last month, done for the year)

I know I'm old and all but, man, it's just so unprofessional to put profanity in article titles.

Well, it's a Deadspin article and in my opinion, "anything involving Gawker media" and "unprofessional" go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Henderson Alvarez threw his third complete game shutout of the year. It's June 3rd. He's Henderson Alvarez. What the hell is going on here?

Concerning last night, I say a lot of  the "credit" goes to him facing the Rays, who have not been so good this year.

Reports out of Tampa are that Don Zimmer has passed away at the age of 83

I am watching the Rays game now and it sadly is true. What a memorable character he was.

Whenever I think of Don Zimmer I think of this picture after he got hit with a line drive foul ball that scared the crap of people:

Zimmer%20with%20Helmet.jpg

Red Sox fans might have a little hate in his heart because of the 1978 season, the Pedro situation, and well being a Yankee but hard not to like him as a walking piece of baseball history  :(

Pedro Martinez tossing Don Zimmer to the ground will forever be one of my favorite moments in sports history. I just watched that clip again. It's so awesome. Those teams flat out HATE each other. It's so awesome to see. Pedro instigates so much stuff and it's awesome. Then seeing Zimmer go after him and get tossed... it's amazing. Joe Buck and Tim McCarver's whiny pretentiousness about how awful it is just brings the comedy value up a bunch more levels, too.