DVDVR Message Board

The Great WWE Stock Crash of 2014

Reed

Absurd statement considering 1) everything I said about WWE, from the $$$ TV deal to # of subscribers to how far the price would drop turned out to be accurate to a decimal spot, and 2) you conveniently left out the part of that statement where I said in a generation or two. But plz, serve me some more.

As much as I wanted to, no. Short sales are rather dangerous (unlimited downside as a stocks price can theoretically go to infinity) with a limited gain potential (100%, as a stock can't go lower than $0). Plus, if I was going to, I would've done so at $20ish, meaning I would've lost 50% on the way up to $30 only for 50% gain back down to $10. At the time I looked, the short interest (amount available to short) was incredibly limited, it would've been a real pain on that ride up from $20 to $30.

The other choice was to buy put options, but the bid/ask spreads were incredibly wide, and none of them had an expiration longer than 6 months. If I'm going to use options, I use longterm ones (Called LEAPS, which typically go out longer than a year, whereas non-LEAPS options [the majority of those on the market] expire every 3 to 6 months). Anything less than a year is short term speculation, which I don't partake in. Longterm is only way to beat the market, if I can't execute with a timeframe longer than at least a year for my thesis to pan out, I don't execute at all. Sadly, that was the case with WWE. 

Hilarious how at first you're the authority on WWE stock, while insulting several people in the process with inflammatory fighting words... and then once it's time to short WWE stock IRL, you turn into chicken shit heel miz circa 2010. 
  • Like 9

When I look at Ambrose I don't think gym rat and protein shakes. I think guy who shows up at college parties and deals weed to all the Freshmen.

Also would have accepted:

1) Gets behind the bar at a house party and tries to show off the 3 and a half drinks he knows how to mix

2) Tries to impress everyone by improvising a "blues" while drumming on a table and doesn't realize how racist he sounds when he tries to sing "black."

COME AT ME, BRO

As much as I wanted to, no. Short sales are rather dangerous (unlimited downside as a stocks price can theoretically go to infinity) with a limited gain potential (100%, as a stock can't go lower than $0). Plus, if I was going to, I would've done so at $20ish, meaning I would've lost 50% on the way up to $30 only for 50% gain back down to $10. At the time I looked, the short interest (amount available to short) was incredibly limited, it would've been a real pain on that ride up from $20 to $30.

The other choice was to buy put options, but the bid/ask spreads were incredibly wide, and none of them had an expiration longer than 6 months. If I'm going to use options, I use longterm ones (Called LEAPS, which typically go out longer than a year, whereas non-LEAPS options [the majority of those on the market] expire every 3 to 6 months). Anything less than a year is short term speculation, which I don't partake in. Longterm is only way to beat the market, if I can't execute with a timeframe longer than at least a year for my thesis to pan out, I don't execute at all. Sadly, that was the case with WWE.

Hilarious how at first you're the authority on WWE stock, while insulting several people in the process with inflammatory fighting words... and then once it's time to short WWE stock IRL, you turn into chicken shit heel miz circa 2010.

Spectacular. My only regret is that there is no "Love" button.

• Like 2

THEY ARE 1 AND TEH SAME MY PLAN WAS TO SECRETLY GET EVERY1 TO BUY WWE STOCK BY PRETENDING I DIDN'T KNO WAT I WUZ TALKIN ABOOT N THEREFORE HAVE EVERY1 LOSE MONEY N IT WOULDVE WORKED IF IT WASN'T 4 U DAMN KIDZ N THAT STOOPID DOGG

THEY ARE 1 AND TEH SAME MY PLAN WAS TO SECRETLY GET EVERY1 TO BUY WWE STOCK BY PRETENDING I DIDN'T KNO WAT I WUZ TALKIN ABOOT N THEREFORE HAVE EVERY1 LOSE MONEY N IT WOULDVE WORKED IF IT WASN'T 4 U DAMN KIDZ N THAT STOOPID DOGG

Tattoo it across your forehead so everyone knows your a trollin pussy.  Twitter your address, while you're at it.

• Like 1

Tattoo it across your forehead so everyone knows your a trollin pussy. Twitter your address, while you're at it.

27 Jabroni Drive, around the corner from Know Your Role Blvd.

EDIT:*you're

No bullshit, I did use the Black Keys as my entrance music for about a month.

And anyone who doesn't think the Black Keys are cool doesn't know what cool is. I've said it a million times: FSW is an awesome guy with terrible taste.

EDIT: The song was "Modern Times" in case you were curious.

EDIT 2: Holy shit! I posted this before there was a threat of violence. That was great. But no jazz before the rumble, folks.

• Like 1

Twitter your address, while you're at it.

Knifey Wifey

123 Fake Street

Yeah but Roman is short and therefore not as tough Mr.Ass Billy Gunn.

As someone who is 5'6, Roman Reigns isn't short and if he's considered short, then I can understand why girls (claim they) hate guys sub-6'.

Late to the thread here.

I love how FSW has been trying to bait guys, to no avail, for years, and then when he's not even looking, fiddling about trying to open another beer, a 300lb monster just jumps into his boat. Amazing.

• Like 2