DVDVR Message Board

TNA One Night Only: Victory Road & Knockouts Knockdown PPV Spoilers

TNA One Night Only: Victory Road from Orlando, FL

The winners of the matches advance to a battle royal for a check and a future TNA Title Shot.

*Bram def. Davey Richards after an implant DDT.

*Austin Aries def. Kenny King after the Brainbuster

*James Storm & Kazarian def. Knux & The Freak when Kaz hit the Freak with a beer bottle leading to the Last Call from Storm.

*Bobby Lashley def. Samoa Joe with the Spear after a distraction from Kenny King.

*Abyss def. Mr. Anderson after a chokeslam

*The BroMans def. Rockstar Spud & Bully Ray after Spud turned on Bully.

*Gunner def. Magnus

*Ethan Carter III def. Sanada

*Samuel Shaw def. Crazzy Steve via sleeper hold submission.

*Eddie Edwards def. DJ Z & Tigre Uno via single leg crab submission on DJ Z.

*Gunner wins the Battle Royal last eliminating James Storm

TNA One Night Only: Knockouts Knockdown

*Gail Kim def. Veda Scott

*Angelina Love def. Scarlett Bordeaux

*Madison Rayne def. Jessicka Havok

*Reby Sky def. Velvet Sky after Angelina accidentally sprayed Velvet with the hairspray

*Taryn Terrell def. Karlee Perez

*Mia Yim def. Brittany

*Brooke Tessmacher def. Deonna

*Marti Belle def. ODB after Rockstar Spud interfered. Prior to the match there was a backstage segment where Marti agreed to be Spud's girlfriend.

*Madison Rayne won the winners gauntlet match last eliminating Angelina Love to become Queen of the Knockouts.

Knockouts show doesn't look quite as good as last year's but very glad to see Taryn Terrell back as well as Karlee being involved in wrestling again. Cool to see Marti Belle get a shot as well.

• Like 1

PWInsider reported Taryn's opponent was Ivelisse.

Weird.

I'd assume a mistake based on the similar last names maybe Velez/Perez. Ivelisse worked Evolve tonight in New York. Though Taryn/Ivelisse would be real good.

I'm mostly happy that Veda Scott got a shot.  She's not the best out there by any stretch, but someone who I've always *ahem* liked.

(No idea who you're talking about, Googles ...) Agreed! More Veda Scott!

• Like 1

I'm mostly happy that Veda Scott got a shot.  She's not the best out there by any stretch, but someone who I've always *ahem* liked.

(No idea who you're talking about, Googles ...) Agreed! More Veda Scott!

Kidding aside, she's by far the nicest and funniest gal I've ever met in the business.

• 5 months later...

Finished the Knockouts one this morning.  I'd say Madison Rayne/Havok was the best match.

I didn't like that the 6-time KO Champ needed shenanigans to beat a drunk girl.  Wouldn't have minded Angelina Love vs. Reby and Velvet Sky vs. Scarlett instead.

Heel Tess Macher's a lot of fun.  I don't recall seeing her at all this year other than coming back to put Bully over as a great boyfriend in that awful talk show segment with EC3/Spud.

Taryn Terrell running is hilarious.

I don't get why they showed Gail Kim winning last year considering how she won but didn't bother showing her brushing off Madison as well.

Terrible planning ahead considering Spud and Madison Rayne's current roles.  Really should've cut the Spud/ODB match.

The opening intros took like half an hour.  Too much filler with old video packages like the KO calendar photo shoot.  The highlight videos of the current (at the time) Knockouts were well done though.  Taz/Tenay were pretty much garbage as usual.

Overall, it was alright.  If you like yak fighting and you've got the time then you'll probably enjoy it otherwise nothing worth going out of your way to see.  Surprisingly, no real train wrecks other than Spud/ODB.

Finished the Knockouts one this morning.  I'd say Madison Rayne/Havok was the best match.

I didn't like that the 6-time KO Champ needed shenanigans to beat a drunk girl.  Wouldn't have minded Angelina Love vs. Reby and Velvet Sky vs. Scarlett instead.

Heel Tess Macher's a lot of fun.  I don't recall seeing her at all this year other than coming back to put Bully over as a great boyfriend in that awful talk show segment with EC3/Spud.

Taryn Terrell running is hilarious.

I don't get why they showed Gail Kim winning last year considering how she won but didn't bother showing her brushing off Madison as well.

Terrible planning ahead considering Spud and Madison Rayne's current roles.  Really should've cut the Spud/ODB match.

The opening intros took like half an hour.  Too much filler with old video packages like the KO calendar photo shoot.  The highlight videos of the current (at the time) Knockouts were well done though.  Taz/Tenay were pretty much garbage as usual.

Overall, it was alright.  If you like yak fighting and you've got the time then you'll probably enjoy it otherwise nothing worth going out of your way to see.  Surprisingly, no real train wrecks other than Spud/ODB.

Haven't seen this one yet but at least this year talking about filler they didn't run the ODB/EY wedding in full this year.

• 4 weeks later...

Watched Victory Road last night.  Solid enough.  It just never feels like these shows have any stakes involved even though the winner is supposed to get a World Title shot.

Taz/Tenay are just stealing money from TNA on these things.

Lashley/Joe was good.

Spud/Bully Ray basically did the same match from Joker's Wild(?) in England.  Crowd kind of deflated after Spud's turn though.

Fortune reunion with Kazarian/Storm complete with goofy gang sign.  Kaz really salty at some broad in the front row.

Menagerie intro takes too damn long.  Song starts over before they're ready to go.  And they did it twice on this show.

Robbie E was the MVP of the night.  He already put a down payment on 3 cars and a couple of houses and maxed out his credit cards.  He's got a $10,000 limit but he's got 4 cards.  Jessie tried to explain that $50,000 wasn't going to cover that but Robbie grabbed the novelty check and told everybody to look at all those zeros.  It's like 5 billion dollars, bro.  He clearly learned something from Flair when he was in TNA.  He didn't win so it's a good thing he's still on The Amazing Race.  He did eliminate EC3 though so he came out on top of a feud that's existed solely on Spin Cycle and Twitter.

Came down to Storm and Gunner and then it just ended real quick which was disappointing considering that those two were killing it against each other earlier in the year.  Gunner won and then said he was going to use his $50 grand to buy a steak.  Not the kind of stakes I was talking about.  He also clearly learned something about money from being around Flair.