DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

That's a downgrade. Collison came up huge for the Clips at times.

Completely agree. Free Agency has worked oddly so far w/ role players. Kings have Isaiah Thomas and somehow signed Collison, who I think is worse than Thomas and now the Clippers signed Farmar who is worse than Collison.  Being a Bruin fan, I like both, but I always thought Collison was slightly better. There's also the issue that Farmar only played 41 games last season.

Thomas name has been mentioned with the Lakers if they miss out on Melo. I'm not sure how that would work out since they still don't even have a coach, but considering the last two hires, I don't mind them not having a coach.

How big of a heel would LeBron be if he left the Heat high and dry after promising them 8 titles? Man, the redemption of the prodigal son leaving Sodom and Gomorrah would be a Hollywood movie.

funny-pictures-kittens-see-snake.jpg

I'd be pissed for a day or two, but honestly, and I mean this, I do not in any way shape or form think anything less of Lebron if he returns home to try to bring a title to his hometown.

Do I want him to stay.  Yes.

Do I want more titles.  Yes.

Do I think he's got a better shot in Miami than Cleveland.  Yes.

Would I be upset if he left?  Sure, but 4 straight finals, 2 titles.  I'm not going to sit here and not say, it hasn't been incredible.  

• Like 1

He will re-sign. 

I'd be pissed for a day or two, but honestly, and I mean this, I do not in any way shape or form think anything less of Lebron if he returns home to try to bring a title to his hometown.

Do I want him to stay.  Yes.

Do I want more titles.  Yes.

Do I think he's got a better shot in Miami than Cleveland.  Yes.

Would I be upset if he left?  Sure, but 4 straight finals, 2 titles.  I'm not going to sit here and not say, it hasn't been incredible.  

So, you plan on skipping anger, bargaining, and depression?

I'm at the point now where I want this to end.

If he stays that is great but if not life goes on. I wouldn't trade the last 4 yesrs for anything. My only problem with him leaving is, as I mentioned before, what he'd do to Haslem but other than that it's fine.

I'll say this though Lebron is definitely not Jordan and comparisons should cease if he goes back to Cleveland. Michael wouldn've spent the rest of his natural life ruining the rest of Dan Gilbert's and Cleveland's for that letter. Lebron would be the most forgiving star of all time.

PJ Hairston punched a high school kid during a pickup game at the Y, so his career is off to a great start.

Why is this even a story?  Has anyone played pickup basketball, sometimes things get testy and someone may get punched.  The kid he punched apparently pushed him and by kid I mean a 6'5" 200lbs. 17 year old who probably had it coming.  He didn't punch a 5'5" sixth grader with a learning disability, he punched what is essentially a grown man in a situation where it isn't uncommon for a grown man to punch another grown man in the heat of the moment.  Sometimes people get punched in pickup basketball games, it shouldn't be news.

Oh, and to add to the Lebron goes home hype...  One day short of the 4 year anniversary of its posting, the Cavs have finally removed Dan Gilbert's letter to Cavs fans. 

• Like 1

Man, if we were tired of this stupid song at Mania, just wait until it becomes the official NBA theme song if Lebron goes back to Cleveland...

I was going to post the same thing. Saves me the trouble.

He will resign... with Cleveland?! He will resign...

That's some low expectations. 

Wait.. who is Born Ready? 

That's not low expectations.

You want my low expectations...I thought they were going to bring back everyone from last year and wait it out. Thankfully the Pistons, Blazers and Clippers didn't make that a likely scenario.  Meeks/Farmar/Kaman are going to make a combined $14-15 million. Lakers would have never overpaid for those 3 at half that price.  Lance as crazy as he can be at $10-12 is a billion times better than those 3 combined. I don't think the Pacers offer was low-ball either since I can't see a team giving him 4-5 years. I'd be ok with him on a 2-3 year deal.

PJ Hairston punched a high school kid during a pickup game at the Y, so his career is off to a great start.

Why is this even a story?  Has anyone played pickup basketball, sometimes things get testy and someone may get punched.  The kid he punched apparently pushed him and by kid I mean a 6'5" 200lbs. 17 year old who probably had it coming.  He didn't punch a 5'5" sixth grader with a learning disability, he punched what is essentially a grown man in a situation where it isn't uncommon for a grown man to punch another grown man in the heat of the moment.  Sometimes people get punched in pickup basketball games, it shouldn't be news.

That was my thought when I read the story.  The other guy was being too aggressive, PJ shoved him, the kid swung, and PJ swung back.  How is that not exactly like 500 NBA games this past season?