DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Remember this is the same league where Gilbert Arenas is one of the highest paid players right now.  We don't even have to mention the fact that when he signed that contract he only had one working leg.  These contracts aren't that bad at all.

• Like 1

Remember this is the same league where Gilbert Arenas is one of the highest paid players right now.  We don't even have to mention the fact that when he signed that contract he only had one working leg.  These contracts aren't that bad at all.

Gil Zero got his last check in June, so at least the Magic put that bit of stupidity behind them.  Now on to the Ben Gordon era!

I think we need Fowler's reaction to this Zach Lowe tidbit:

Reading between the lines, a sign-and-trade involving Thomas and Josh Smith may be in the works, and multiple sources say Monroe’s camp has made it known Monroe will sign the one-year qualifying offer if Smith remains on the roster. Monroe’s camp denies that, and that kind of empty threat is not atypical from top restricted free agents. It’s really their only form of leverage.

BrjrYjaCIAEtomV.jpg

That's cold even for Morey. Rockets couldn't photoshop Melo wearing a different number. I would think if someone knows how to photoshop they can at least photoshop a different number.

Jeremy Lin tweeted this recently:

Luke 6:29 - If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them

Most Cavs sources are reporting the Hayward offer will be about 15m per because they don't want Utah to match. Apparently they view Wiggins as a 2, so they want to get a 3 and keep Dion as the sixth man. 

This deal will look ugly, no matter how you cut it, but I think teams like Cleveland have to over pay for Free Agents, so this is simply the cost of doing business. I think I am also a little higher on Hayward than most, and I think his shooting splits will go up when he isn't being asked to shoulder such a heavy load offensively. 

I'm building Melo a statue out of play-doh outside Staples Center! I'm running out of purple!  This could make or break his decision!  I hope he doesn't mind his statue looking like freaking Grimace out there by the time he meets with the Lakers!

Speaking of Carmelo, I noticed Chicago and Houston went with a super flashy approach in their meetings, but the Mavs are having the meeting a Cuban's house and it's just straight up business.

Yeah. Straight Up Business.

4242997_f520.jpg

How did that work with Howard?

Howard wanted all the extra shit and attention.  I get the feel a meat and potatoes approach is much better suited to gaining a Carmelo or Lebron.

What's Tex-Mex for "wishful thinking"?

I think it's #melotodallas ;)

Do you think fun and games built that house?!?!?!

At least Cubes didn't photoshop Melo onto our point guard's body.

fun and games did kinda build that house. :)

Don't worry RandomAct, I just checked twitter, your safe right now as I have not seen a Melo wearing Vince Carter's old jersey on a billboard photo just yet.