DVDVR Message Board

Like Niners, I don't want X-Men going back to Marvel Studios. But not because I think Marvel Studios will fuck it up, but because X-Men being tied into the main Marvel Universe has always sucked, and never made sense. 

Man I'm hoping for a 2nd/3rd string batch of Marvel heroes to team-up so we can get the Defenders. Have them fight Woodgod or something equally lame and I'll buy like 3 copies!

James

Man I'm hoping for a 2nd/3rd string batch of Marvel heroes to team-up so we can get the Defenders. Have them fight Woodgod or something equally lame and I'll buy like 3 copies!

Well, the film rights to Luke Cage reverted back to Marvel this year.  Maybe you can get Heroes for Hire instead.

New Captain America: The Winter Solider concept art...

Posted Image

The suit here looks a mixture of the one in Captain America: The First Avenger and Avengers Assemble. I'm liking it. It's different to the suit we've already seen, the Super-Solider one.

I've owned a comic shop, promoted conventions, and sold licensed merchandise and I beg to differ.

Did you do this in 2013?

I would love an X-Force movie. That discussion probably belongs in the other thread but I really need to see how the new X-Men film turns out first. It's weird. People continuously say that they would like to see these properties go back to Marvel Studios but if you take a step back... how many great films has Marvel Studios produced? I would say Avengers and Iron Man. Some would argue that Captain America: First Avenger was great but I disagree. Thor was decent. The Iron Man sequels were actually pretty awful.  Now look at FOX. The first two X-Men movies were very good. X-Men: The Last Stand sucked but that is in part because they had to hire a hack to take the job after Singer dropped out. Sony has produced three good-very Spider-Man films and one stinker.

Personally I do not trust Marvel Studios with their own properties. I take it one film at a time.

Fox also put out 4 shitty Marvel movies in Elektra, Daredevil, and the two Fantastic Four films. I have more faith in Marvel Studios than Fox or Sony. Hell, Sony was specifically the CAUSE of the suckiness of Spidey 3 due to demanding Venom.

Fox also put out 4 shitty Marvel movies in Elektra, Daredevil, and the two Fantastic Four films. I have more faith in Marvel Studios than Fox or Sony. Hell, Sony was specifically the CAUSE of the suckiness of Spidey 3 due to demanding Venom.

Sony didn't demand it, the public did. It's not Venom's fault that Rami decided to have a fucking hissy fit over it and sabotage Spider-Man 3.

Truth.com

Rami is the entire reason the Venom arc was totally half-assed. Honestly he should have been planting the seeds a little more in the two prior films as well.

Marvel Studios struck gold with Downey Jr. and they know it. Everyone knows it. If it wasn't for him BECOMING Tony Stark...  where would their entire movie universe be? I'm not even sure I feel like giving Chris Evans a pass anymore. I've revisited both his appearances as Cap and he's....not great.

Who the fuck is "Everybody"? 

Important people with wallets full of money that are willing to purchase Venom toys, shirts, cups... etc. Notice you never saw important people wearing ugly Flint Marko shirts.

Important people with wallets full of money that are willing to purchase Venom toys, shirts, cups... etc. Notice you never saw important people wearing ugly Flint Marko shirts.

I think you vastly overestimate Venom's popularity to the general public. Particularly his popularity in 2007.

People said the same thing about Spider-Man, but then his first movie made over a hundred million dollars in it's first week at the Box-Office(unheard of at the time). So I'm positive the general public know who Venom is. And it showed after many polls were taken that Venom was a resounding winner on who should be the next Spidey villain  I'm sure Sony did their own surveys as well that showed that the public wanted Venom. 

Um, Venom didn't have anywhere near the popularity of Spider-Man. Spider-Man had 40 years of history and numerous TV shows. Spider-Man was iconic. Venom was a prime example of 90s excess and overkill.