DVDVR Message Board

Oh hey, are Coulson and May fucking? It seemed like it in the opening, but that's the first time it's been mentioned on the show (unless I'm missing something).

Hope not.  May/Ming-na Wen looks great for 50.  She can do better,

Didn't like the episode as much as some, but it was ok.  I had decided to cut the show from the DVR list, then decided to watch it on a lark.  I'll tune in next week.  Don't have much long-term interest in the show, though.  Things I like about the show are Clark Gregg getting a chance to be the lead, and the aforementioned Ming-na Wen thing.  I'm indifferent to everything and everyone else about the show.  Honestly, I wonder how many viewers would care if they killed off every single character next week and essentially put out a completely recast, revamped pilot ep the week after that.

Have they clarified the FitzSimmons relationship, and I missed it somehow?  I remember watching the pilot and wondering if they were a couple, married, brother and sister, best friends, etc.  I kinda figured they would clarify that in the next couple eps, but... I don't remember them doing that.  Then again, the writing seems aimed at not giving the audience any reason to care about the characters, so maybe that's deliberate.

I'm at the point where I'm about to give the show one last chance for me to like it. The characters remain uninteresting and the villains aren't any better.

Pretty much exactly how I feel.  For the life of me, I can't make myself care about anyone other than Colson.  The shoehorned love angle with Ward and Skye is so predictable, I am begging for a swerve, like she fucks Fitz(or is it Simmons?) or something instead.

Not sure if this has been posted here before, looks like it came out last year, but i don't remember seeing it.

Its a 10min Punisher short with the guy who played him in the 2004 movie and Ron Perlman, thought i'd stick it up since hes a favorite around here.

I know this is going back a bit. But the story about that short, was that Thomas Jane just really likes The Punisher; and decided to make his own short with a volunteer cast and crew, one Saturday morning in Downtown LA.

Asians like don't age.  Look at Lucy Liu on Elementary as well.  

Here is a higher quality version of The Winter Soldier footage that was on ET:

http://youtu.be/odM7xFqvh28

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is the comic book film of 2014 I'm most looking forward to ever since it was announced at San Diego Comic-Con 2012. Happy to see the traditional suit is more like the one in Captain America: The First Avenger instead of the Cap suit in Avengers Assemble which I also liked. Like the Super-Soldier suit since it was first shown.

• Like 1

And we have a trailer.

Me from the future: Anyway it's called Netflix and it's on your phone. Also, black president and they discover the god particle.

10 year old me: That sounds about right.

Me from the future: Also, a Captain America movie where the Falcon looks awesome.

10 year old me: Ok I call bullshit.

• Like 1

I'm struggling with shield 5 episodes in. Nothings been really bad so far but its just not the show i wanted it to be. I wanted secret agents doing secret agent shit with and against super heroes/villains not a bunch of kids solving mysteries. I can enjoy it for what it is but i think it could have been so much more.

And we have a trailer.

Wasn't a fan of the first Captain America film, definitely the weakest of the phase 1 movies so i wasn't really looking forward to this one but that looks awesome. Why cant the Shield TV series be like that but on a smaller scale?

I don't really care for Skye much. She's kind of annoying and has lines that the writers probably high five each other over but aren't really smart or funny. Coulson is weird because everything he says is spoken in the same tone. He could be mad, sad, serious or happy because it all sounds the same.

I enjoyed Captain America. I liked the look of it most of all, the 40s style. Obviously this won't be the same but I'm down for more Cap.

• Like 1

I enjoyed Captain America. I liked the look of it most of all, the 40s style. Obviously this won't be the same but I'm down for more Cap.

I agree with you. I'd have Captain America: The First Avenger as the second best Marvel Studios solo film behind Iron Man.

Well, that looks much larger in scope than I was expecting.

Man, that subtitle might surpass "Age of Ultron" for inscrutability to non-comic readers. "What's a Winter Soldier?" I eagerly await people scatching their heads, wondering why it doesn't appear to be winter time in the movie. Where's the snow?