DVDVR Message Board

And evidently Sam Jackson let slip that Elizabeth Olsen is indeed Scarlet Witch.

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/samuel-l-jackson-confirms-that-elizabeth-olsen-is-set-to-play-scarlet-witch-in-avengers-sequel

I still don't get how Marvel can use Witch and Silver in their movie to begin with. Usually rights are very specific. Like the Daredevil movie had to use the New York Post for Ulrich because the Spidey franchise owned all usage of Daily Bugle. I would've thought Fox's contract for X-Men gave them exclusivity over any and all mutant characters.

No they were very briefly X-Men villains first, before becoming Avengers. They were Avengers way longer, so they should get first crack. Fox has made like seventy X movies and have not used them. My guess is they use that shit they did with Watchmen and sue right when the movie is completed. 

And evidently Sam Jackson let slip that Elizabeth Olsen is indeed Scarlet Witch.

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/samuel-l-jackson-confirms-that-elizabeth-olsen-is-set-to-play-scarlet-witch-in-avengers-sequel

I still don't get how Marvel can use Witch and Silver in their movie to begin with. Usually rights are very specific. Like the Daredevil movie had to use the New York Post for Foggy because the Spidey franchise owned all usage of Daily Bugle. I would've thought Fox's contract for X-Men gave them exclusivity over any and all mutant characters. 

When this was first announced, Marvel/Disney made it pretty clear that there were a half dozen characters who were explicitly non-exclusive licenses to Fox, and Fox have never debated that.  I don't see why it's so surprising; I'm honestly shocked there aren't more of those (like, say, the Bugle as you mentioned).

If anything, I'd be surprised that FOX can use them; they made their first appearances in X-Men comics, but they've been FAR more important to the mythos of the Avengers.  It'd be like insisting that Fox's rights to Silver Samurai lapsed with Daredevil.

This was pretty good.  I think part of it is that I'm adjusting my expectations, much like I did with Arrow.

As others have said, the winking at the movies thing needs to stop.  Also, Whedon usually tries to get around tropes, so it's weird that he has a lead character saying to his science buddies "In English, please?" (or words to that effect)  (Granted, Joss probably didn't do much for this episode)

I didn't really buy May's sudden turnaround on getting into active missions.  I hope that isn't all there is to that plotline.  If that's it, her character just became less interesting.  And none of the other SHIELDies got any more interesting.  Handsome White was bullied by his brother.  Fascinating.

I dug this version of Franklin Hall (as with week 1, I found the villain -- who won't be back next week -- more interesting than most of the regulars).  I hope when he does come back, he keeps up the "this is too much power; it must be destroyed" thing going.  And Ian Quinn could be a decent recurring bad guy.

Can we get Skye a new haircut?  It's creeping me out that Whedon's got such a specific type.

If there is one thing this show doesn't need to change it is how Skye looks.  Even though no woman has ever boxed with her hair down, curled, and perfectly teased(and no one on set wanted to tell her to stop leading with her right).  Did her hair even get wet when she jumped into the pool?  Despite those two complaints, I'm not complaining. 

Things that do need to change... Fitz comes off like a giant douche, he is just unlikeable.  Simmons doesn't bother me as much, probably because she doesn't seem to talk down to people.  Melinda May goes from completely and totally against field work in the first three episodes, and now she is volunteering for it.  They need to give a reason for the change of heart.  So Grant Ward's whole life changed because his brother beat him up as a kid...is that really the best they could come up with?  How about his father was killed by some unexplained force or his mom was Dr. Doom's concubine?  How about something that could bear fruit in the future.  He isn't even a character, he is just a coat rack with a gun. 

Questions:  So, does Coulson know he died or does he think he was in Tahiti?  Does everyone else know he died, or do they think he was in Tahiti?  Are we supposed to know whether or not any of these people know whether or not he died or was in Tahiti?  So will Graviton be the big bad going forward, or is it whatever corporation created the dude in the pilot?  Does that corporation even exist any more or was that just for the pilot?  What about the crazy scientist guy?  Is he going to be a recurring villian?  If Skye is Jessica Drew does she already have her powers?  If so, wouldn't last night's episode be a perfect time to tease her ability to influence men?  If she doesn't have her powers, how does she get them?