DVDVR Message Board

Well, I like that Quicksilver looks distinctly like Quicksilver, as opposed to that concept art. Though his costume looks kinda cheap and makes me wonder if there isn't going to be CGI involved in his final look.

But Scarlet Witch still looks like a parody of a Joss character.

• Like 1

I heard Iron Patriot was going to be in Avengers 2 though.

Well, I like that Quicksilver looks distinctly like Quicksilver, as opposed to that concept art. Though his costume looks kinda cheap and makes me wonder if there isn't going to be CGI involved in his final look.

His look has always been pretty generic other than the white hair.

I'm sure it will be alright, but doing Ultron, Witch & Quicksilver, plus Vision. On top of everyone else, that's a lot to deal with.

Yeah, that's my main concern. Film also has big expectations because of Avengers Assemble and the build in Marvel Phase Two solo films to Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Iron Man and Avengers: Age of Ultron:

6V2wQsO.jpg

New armour. Hope this one is tougher than the crappy weak ones in Iron Man 3! Needs to be durable like the Mark III, VI and VII.

The bottom half appears to be made out of zubazium, so it should hold together pretty well.

I slso noticed Ultron wearing sweatpants (periodic table name: Costanzanese?) in the other photos. I have no idea how CGI wizards work their magic but I found it interesting they build a live action suit from the waist up for, I dunno, blocking purposes or whatever, then go back in and CGI over it in post.

The costume Captain America had in Avengers Assemble is my least favourite.

Same here. Although the costume in Avengers, IIRC, was just something Coulson had whipped up based on his fanboy memorabilia collection. So I guess it makes sense it would look more like his USO outfit - which all the publicity photos/trading cards would feature - rather than his actual battle gear.

Anyway, I really like the two they're using in Winter Soldier - particularly the First Avenger hybrid suit - so hopefully they stick with something similar in AoU.

• Like 1

The costume Captain America had in Avengers Assemble is my least favourite.

Same here. Although the costume in Avengers, IIRC, was just something Coulson had whipped up based on his fanboy memorabilia collection. So I guess it makes sense it would look more like his USO outfit - which all the publicity photos/trading cards would feature - rather than his actual battle gear.

Anyway, I really like the two they're using in Winter Soldier - particularly the First Avenger hybrid suit - so hopefully they stick with something similar in AoU.

I agree with all you say.