DVDVR Message Board

As goofy as the DoFP outfit is, I think I actually prefer it to the AoU one (so far; all we've seen is concept art, after all.)  I really wish they'd gone with something like his grey-and-white costume from the early 90s up through his solo series.  Or anything a little more visually interesting than a plain blue jumpsuit with a little bit of piping.

Yeah, Winter Soldier opens up here in the states on my girlfriend's birthday weekend.  Since my daughter won't forgive me if I watch this without her, I am going to have to wait at least two weeks after release before I go to see it.  I am going to avoid this thread like the plague for about a month.

The handful of advanced reviews I've read are glowing to say the least.

http://www.mattsmoviereviews.net/movie-critic-reviews/captain-america-the-winter-soldier.html

That stupid "thumbs up" in T2 almost ruins it. I had spent nearly two hours on the edge of my seat thinking "this is fucking amazing" and then that. I just don't think about it when I reminisce about the flick.

And it's a stupid argument. Sure T2 is better than the Marvel movies. So are Annie Hall and Casablanca.

That stupid "thumbs up" in T2 almost ruins it. I had spent nearly two hours on the edge of my seat thinking "this is fucking amazing" and then that. I just don't think about it when I reminisce about the flick.

And it's a stupid argument. Sure T2 is better than the Marvel movies. So are Annie Hall and Casablanca.

T2 is better than both of those.

T2 is better than both of those.
That's cute, but no, no it's not.

capsol.jpg

First reviews for Captain America: The Winter Solder are in on Rotten Tomatoes. The film is currently 93% fresh with 14 fresh reviews and 1 rotten. I'm thinking it ends in the low to mid 80s. Not reading reviews 'cause some drop spoilers in without warning.

• Like 1