DVDVR Message Board

I still can't figure out why of all the Marvel titles, they decided on Guardians. It's not exactly like Disney needs a hot sci-fi property nowadays.

Did you see the Star Wars Prequels?

And do you believe that the Sequels are gonna be any good?

1) Spoken like a true interwebber. You do realize with a property like Marvel or Star Wars, the studios aren't sinking $200+ Million for accolades, right? Whatever your personal preference is about the prequels, fact of the matter is that they were wildly profitable. The Mouse didn't fork over $4B to Lucas just so they could upgrade the Star Tours Ride.

2) I have no reason to suspect that they won't be good. Or to put it in comparative context, I have no reason to believe Guardians will be any better, both critically and commercially.

Plus, the man who made the prequels what they were is no longer involved. No clunky wooden Lucas dialogue.

• Like 1

If the Variety speculation that he's the baddie turns out to be accurate, they may have actually found a way to guarantee that I skip a movie about my favorite superhero written and directed by one of my favorite film makers.

Looks like Variety has taken the "villain" part out of their story.

Probably not, since it's only been like four hours.  But he should, because both of those movies are great fun.  (Though I remember my parents, who were both notably averse to bleak comedy, HATING War of the Roses with a fiery passion and telling everyone who would listen not to see it.)

I liked Romancing the Stone and Jewel of the Nile. I was also in elementary school and another beloved movie of mine at that time was Stroker Ace, so my taste in movies at that time was questionable at best.