DVDVR Message Board

APRIL WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Let's all laugh at Davey Richards instead, because, why the hell not?

2poyw6u.jpg

How long do you guys think he would've lasted in WWE if he had accepted their offer? I give him a month before the old timers tell him to GTFO.

He didn't accept it. He failed the tryout.

I still don't see how the Davey gif the hive mind obsesses over is any worse than the million other fighting spirit spots I've seen. Davey hits the superplex and rolls through, hell they pretty much bounce up. Then Eddie has his fighting spirit moment and reverses and sends them both to the floor.

The Davey hate is so played out.

I still don't see how the Davey gif the hive mind obsesses over is any worse than the million other fighting spirit spots I've seen. Davey hits the superplex and rolls through, he'll the pretty much bounce up. Then Eddie has his fighting spirit moment and reverses and sends them both to the floor.

The Davey hate is so played out.

It's the embodiment of the MOVEZ~! mentality that leads to so much unnecessary wear and tear and the degradation of actual storytelling. It hurts the business, it hurts the men in the business and it just looks really bad.

• Like 2

Real interesting that these thoughts come out now... and not say in a WOTD thread....

And please stop saying "hive mind"

But I think I coined it. Plus I really believe it. Certain things take hold here so people have like these little inside jokes. It makes them feel closer, like actual IRL friends.

hive mind and group think both suck.

Davey and Eddie are very good tag team wrestlers. Leaving them to their own devices to work out a singles match didn't work.

Shit, that's the second time I've said nice things about Davey this year on the board. I can feel the shame washing over me...

Out of context sure. This is a title match at a show called Final Battle. I see it as 2 guys giving their all to have a memorable match on one of their biggest shows of the year.

You just nailed what's wrong with the MOVES~! mentality. In kayfabe land, wrestling is not about "putting on a show," it's about doing what it takes to pull out the win. Within the context of kayfabe, both dudes should be OUT from a super plex attempt. It's supposed to be a big sacrifice move that takes out both competitors, but hopefully the executor less than the executee. It's not a damn prelude to Three Amigos. 

• Like 1