DVDVR Message Board

Fuck you to 14 hour days at work for both me and my wife.

Fuck you to the headache I've got from lack of sleep that is laughing at the Advil I took, and the big toe I broke on Tuesday.

Fuck you to a close friend's father's heart attack last night.

Fuck you to another close friend's mother dying Sunday.  I have no idea what to say to him because she was such an insufferable bitch that they had barely talked for 15 years.

Most of all fuck you to a third friend going into the hospital with the knowledge he probably ain't coming out alive.  He was already dealing with MS has a son with severe autism that needs his father around.  Was terminal liver cancer really necessary?  update - and I just learned he has died.  His wife is a smart, smart lady, but she's going to need more than that to help their son through losing his dad.  Little changes, upsets are very hard for him, and they don't come much bigger than this

This week can kiss my ass.

Fuck you to the headache I've got from lack of sleep that is laughing at the Advil I took, and the big toe I broke on Tuesday.

Fuck you to another close friend's mother dying Sunday.  I have no idea what to say to him because she was such an insufferable bitch that they had barely talked for 15 years.

Most of all fuck you to a third friend going into the hospital with the knowledge he probably ain't coming out alive.  He was already dealing with MS has a son with severe autism that needs his father around.  Was terminal liver cancer really necessary?  update - and I just learned he has died.  His wife is a smart, smart lady, but she's going to need more than that to help their son through losing his dad.  Little changes, upsets are very hard for him, and they don't come much bigger than this

Goddamn, this is the most depressing thing I've read on here in awhile.  And I don't mean that a shot towards you; I mean it as "goddamn, life can really be a kick in the balls sometimes." 

Really sorry to hear that news, man.

Sorry about all that, Robert C.

Hope you're on the mend, Red is Dead.

Fuck you job market! Living in the 2nd largest city in the country, graduating with a Bachelor's degree this May, and still can't find work since December. Countless interviews later I'm getting really discouraged. Worst culprits are two companies that said I wasn't a right fit for the position I was interviewing for, but had something for me in another department. After following up with them they don't return my calls or e-mails. The bright side though, I probably wouldn't want to be working for flakes anyway.

• Like 1

Fuck you, health insurance plans.

So Obamacare was supposed to make everything affordable. Yeah. I apparently make just enough money to not be eligible for assistance. So the only plans in my state exchange that are within my monthly budget -- and even those are too expensive for me, really -- have a deductible of $5000. Which means that barring catastrophe, I would still be paying out of pocket for every doctor visit. (not counting the several hundreds of dollars a month in premiums)

After all these years of debate and anticipation, I am still not getting insurance.

Fabulous.

You pay a (likely $20) co-pay for doctor visits, not the $800 or so it actually costs.  In fact, my annual physical was actually FREE this year.  They're trying to make the preventative stuff as cheap as possible so people will actually pick up insurance.

Look into that policy again and see what it actually covers, because our insurance has a $12K deductible, and we rarely pay more than $20-25 for anything.  I had outpatient surgery a couple of years ago to get a calcified cyst removed from my knee and it was $100.

Okay, so it looks like a "preventative" visit is covered by a copay.

But any other services, including bloodwork, falls under the deductible and 30% coinsurance. Illness/Injury visits fall under the deductible.

I don't know how you had surgery for $100, but there's no way this plan would cover that cheaply. Maybe you pay $500 a month or something.

Things covered under "preventative" services: https://www.healthcare.gov/what-are-my-preventive-care-benefits/

Includes blood work if your doctor thinks you're at risk of high cholesterol/diabetes, etc.

Eta: Honestly, unless you're in a high risk job, most policies wont cost you anything unless you're REALLY sick/near death, and even then 30% of 300K is still better than 100%.

If you don't think you're gonna use it, get it anyway. If you don't and you get sick/injured it'll just cost you more.

I can't think of a better place to put this, because I don't want to post this on the sports forum and this thread seems the best place to bitch about this.

But fuck spectator sports. I'm a sports fan who hates what sports has become, and not even because of the clichéd "the players are overpaid waaaaah" shit.

NHL: That last lockout too the wind out of my sails, as did the Flyers subsequent bed-shitting after play started again, to the point where I don't even give a shit that they're doing well again. On top of that, it's almost impossible to watch the games without cable, and far too expensive to see a live game, especially with the Phantoms moving out of Philly years ago (I used to get into Phantoms games for $10 as a student), and apparently when they came back in 2012 for that Outdoor Classic game, getting tickets was impossible or very expensive. This hurts the most because hockey was the first sport I fell in love with, and realizing I don't care about it anymore just seems so sad.

NBA: I gave this up before the Sixers started Tankapalooza. I already watch professional wrestling. One scripted spectacle posing as sport is enough. When Carmelo bitched about not getting "superstar" calls I knew I made the right choice.

NFL: I know I'm going to sound like a colossal hypocrite for all the shit I said about Michael Vick, but I'm not rooting for a team with Buttfumble.

MLB: The Phillies come up with more and more reasons for me to hate them. Ruben Amaro runs the team into the ground, and then they rat out that former prospect to the NCAA and pretty much destroy any chance of getting a worthwhile prospect for years. On top of that, they sign that TV deal with Comcast... and Comcast cuts the number of games going OTA this season from 50 to MAYBE 11 or 12. I understand airing games on cable, but since so much tax money went into Citizens Bank Park it doesn't seem so absurd to me that we should get more than a handful of OTA games. Before long radio broadcasts will be moved to SiriusXM and we'll be expected to pay that just to be able to hear a game. And just to twist the knife a little more, this team runs commercials for Comcast Sports Net that say (paraphrased) that if you don't have Comcast cable you should go be a Mets fan.

COLLEGE: I swore that I would never watch or endorse any form of college athletics again after Penn State got off the hook in the Sandusky case. Since then Philly's gotten the College Rugby 7s tournament, the College Cup for soccer, AND we'll be getting the Frozen Four in April. And I haven't watched a lick of it because of my principles. Oh, and I live in the home of Big 5 college basketball. Morals suck.

And now I'm left with a gaping void where my interest in sports used to be. I hate it, but I'm sick of dealing with something that gives me so much misery and nothing worthwhile in return.

I can't think of a better place to put this, because I don't want to post this on the sports forum and this thread seems the best place to bitch about this.

But fuck spectator sports. I'm a sports fan who hates what sports has become, and not even because of the clichéd "the players are overpaid waaaaah" shit.

NHL: That last lockout too the wind out of my sails, as did the Flyers subsequent bed-shitting after play started again, to the point where I don't even give a shit that they're doing well again. On top of that, it's almost impossible to watch the games without cable, and far too expensive to see a live game, especially with the Phantoms moving out of Philly years ago (I used to get into Phantoms games for $10 as a student), and apparently when they came back in 2012 for that Outdoor Classic game, getting tickets was impossible or very expensive. This hurts the most because hockey was the first sport I fell in love with, and realizing I don't care about it anymore just seems so sad.

NBA: I gave this up before the Sixers started Tankapalooza. I already watch professional wrestling. One scripted spectacle posing as sport is enough. When Carmelo bitched about not getting "superstar" calls I knew I made the right choice.

NFL: I know I'm going to sound like a colossal hypocrite for all the shit I said about Michael Vick, but I'm not rooting for a team with Buttfumble.

MLB: The Phillies come up with more and more reasons for me to hate them. Ruben Amaro runs the team into the ground, and then they rat out that former prospect to the NCAA and pretty much destroy any chance of getting a worthwhile prospect for years. On top of that, they sign that TV deal with Comcast... and Comcast cuts the number of games going OTA this season from 50 to MAYBE 11 or 12. I understand airing games on cable, but since so much tax money went into Citizens Bank Park it doesn't seem so absurd to me that we should get more than a handful of OTA games. Before long radio broadcasts will be moved to SiriusXM and we'll be expected to pay that just to be able to hear a game. And just to twist the knife a little more, this team runs commercials for Comcast Sports Net that say (paraphrased) that if you don't have Comcast cable you should go be a Mets fan.

COLLEGE: I swore that I would never watch or endorse any form of college athletics again after Penn State got off the hook in the Sandusky case. Since then Philly's gotten the College Rugby 7s tournament, the College Cup for soccer, AND we'll be getting the Frozen Four in April. And I haven't watched a lick of it because of my principles. Oh, and I live in the home of Big 5 college basketball. Morals suck.

And now I'm left with a gaping void where my interest in sports used to be. I hate it, but I'm sick of dealing with something that gives me so much misery and nothing worthwhile in return.

Wasn't there a separate sports fuck you thread before the board meltdown?

Sounds like you're screwed by geography.  Just keep cheery with the knowledge that at least you don't live in Detroit.

Wasn't there a separate sports fuck you thread before the board meltdown?

Sounds like you're screwed by geography. Just keep cheery with the knowledge that at least you don't live in Detroit.

Let's be honest, you can find a de facto fuck you thread in each of the sports subgroups.

The only thing that keeps me from agreeing with you on geography is that the Flyers are actually doing decently and I could not care less. Ditto for the turnaround season the Eagles had. And there are LOTS of Philly-area Cowboys fans, so...