DVDVR Message Board

So I turn on Raw and get up to date on shit before Wrestlemania.

Then I find out Kid Rock did the theme song for this year's Mania.

My sig sums up my official feelings on WrestleMania. Fuck Kid Rock.

• Like 1

Reading this, your best bet is to move.

Would if I could. The wife's job forces us to stay in the city, which will make the daughter's schooling a war because she doesn't want her in a parochial school and I don't want her in a public school.

Though that's a non-sports issue, so I don't know what moving would do in that regard. When Opening Day came and went without me giving it much regard, I figured that the sports fandom left my body and I'm just dealing with the withdrawal.

What's the brand name at the bottom of the TV?

Philips. Not the best brand (last television purchase was in a panic when the previous television decided to die without warning), but the damn thing should still last two years.

I've had a Philips for years.  Worked fine the last time I watched it.  Maybe you got a lemon?

What's the brand name at the bottom of the TV?

Philips. Not the best brand (last television purchase was in a panic when the previous television decided to die without warning), but the damn thing should still last two years.

I've had a Philips for years.  Worked fine the last time I watched it.  Maybe you got a lemon?

I'm thinking (hoping) the lamp just burnt out, and it's salvageable. Got a repairman coming later this week to check it out.

So I turn on Raw and get up to date on shit before Wrestlemania.

Then I find out Kid Rock did the theme song for this year's Mania.

My sig sums up my official feelings on WrestleMania. Fuck Kid Rock.

You ever think if you weren't so miserable you wouldn't be so miserable?

That motherfucker unleashed Uncle Kracker on the world. In any sane, rational society that would get him charged with crimes against humanity.

The station my co-worker's radio is set on plays Kracker's shitty cover of "Drift Away" once a day, like clockwork.

Because "music that makes you feel good" = "one of Motown's most iconic songs being butchered by someone who looks and sounds like Larry the Cable Guy fucked the fat dude from Smash Mouth in a bathtub full of Summer's Eve." THIS IS WHY I'M MISERABLE, PEOPLE.

(Said station also plays "Hey Soul Sister," by Train every day, which I'm convinced is played on auto loop in the waiting room for hell, but that's another story. Which I'm sure I will get to on here someday.)

So... one of the side-effects of my new medication is hallucinations, Bedtime has been interesting, at least.

So... one of the side effects of moving the baby's bedtime has been sleeping on the floor next to her crib and having weird dreams where my parents were getting married again, but at the Oscars, and Brock Lesnar was there. 

"And the winner of the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor is. . .MY CLIENT. . .BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROCK. . .LESNAR!

You may kiss the bride."

• Like 1

The station my co-worker's radio is set on plays Kracker's shitty cover of "Drift Away" once a day, like clockwork.

Because "music that makes you feel good" = "one of Motown's most iconic songs being butchered by someone who looks and sounds like Larry the Cable Guy fucked the fat dude from Smash Mouth in a bathtub full of Summer's Eve." THIS IS WHY I'M MISERABLE, PEOPLE.

(Said station also plays "Hey Soul Sister," by Train every day, which I'm convinced is played on auto loop in the waiting room for hell, but that's another story. Which I'm sure I will get to on here someday.)

What you don't understand is that Kracker dropped Follow Me, people thought he went soft shit. He's still very difficult to fuck with.

Fuck off, first of all, the Chicago Manual of Style, which is the worst citation style imaginable, and second, my chosen career path, since it's led me to have such passionate opinions on things like academic citation styles.

• Like 1

You say that like it's a bad thing. In my world Meng roams the streets beating up bros and other annoying white people.

Like Kid Rock & Uncle Kracker?

In a perfect world Meng would give both of these assclowns a daily beatdown.

Fuck off, first of all, the Chicago Manual of Style, which is the worst citation style imaginable, and second, my chosen career path, since it's led me to have such passionate opinions on things like academic citation styles.

APA style or bust.

Acolytes_Protection_Agency_(promo_pic).j

• Like 2

I just wanted to say Samsung TV's are awesome.

They are indeed. We have a big one in the living room and a smaller one in the bedroom. To give you some idea how good they are, the bedroom set was given us by the motel owner where we lived for almost three years trying to find a place. It has been through the wars with assorted drunks and partiers and while seven years old works just fine. I think FSW is used to the inferior products offered to Canada. ;-)

• Like 1