DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

I love the fact that at this point in RAW, Heenan has had it with Bartlett and is taking thinly veiled shots at him.

And Vince plays along.

The live stream is working awesome.  VOD is still having issues.

Man, I forgot about the IcoPro commercial that says that Bret Hart brings the WWF Belt with him to the Gym.

Course, in hindsight, he probably did.

Well, you gotta want it. 

Notice Bartlett is mostly shutting the eff up during this match except to put the match over.

streaming is kind of wonky on Roku, works for the most part though. VOD is still down, however. Everything still works fine on Firefox. Starting to feel cheated but I'll give them a few more days to work it out.

The live stream is working awesome. VOD is still having issues.

It's very frustrating. I know it should be because it's only 24 hours old and there's a crazy amount of people accessing it, but it's still frustrating. It's like being locked out of a candy store but being able to look inside.

The live stream is working awesome. VOD is still having issues.

It's very frustrating. I know it should be because it's only 24 hours old and there's a crazy amount of people accessing it, but it's still frustrating. It's like being locked out of a candy store but being able to look inside.

Actually right now it is like being able to get in the candy store but instead of the front door you can only go up to the roof of the building and down the service ladder to the top floor.  

So the AskWWENetwork twitter account has been suspended.  That can't be good  although I don't know how useful it was.

I sent an email this morning just asking for an assurance that the problem is being worked on. Probably nothing will come of it, but I'll let you know if there's any reply.

The upshot was basically "I understand bugs are going to happen on launch, but just please let me know something's being done"

streaming is kind of wonky on Roku, works for the most part though. VOD is still down, however. Everything still works fine on Firefox. Starting to feel cheated but I'll give them a few more days to work it out.

Live Stream is great.  I watched the last few minutes of the Perfect/Flair retirement match on RAW.  VOD is craptastic

Considering that NXT Arrival is in two days, and one of the biggest selling points of the Network is WrestleMania, the RAW/Smackdown pre/post show stuff, and their first run stuff, it makes perfect sense that they're putting every effort into making sure the LiveStream runs smooth as silk at all times and has as few cockups as humanly possible, and all that at the expense of fixing the VOD.  

Right now, I get further into the VOD on my laptop through their website than I do the Android App, and at last last night, VOD froze my PS3 (that could be the app's fault and not WWE).  

Personally, I'm fine with VOD working eventually if eventually means within a couple weeks.  Hiccups at launch aren't going to make me drop it, because frankly, the $10 a month for all the PPV's is worth it alone, and I'm well aware of the fact that nothing runs perfectly at launch, because there's so much shit that can go wrong.  So long as WrestleMania works without a hitch, I'll forgive backburnering the VOD in favor of perfecting the LiveStream.

Anyone else picturing 50 code writers in a room right now with Vince barking at them through a bullhorn? 

By the way, knock on wood, WrestleMania 21 is working ok so far on my phone. 

"STROKE! STROKE! STROKE!"

Or, "bad news, the captain wants to water ski..."

• Like 1