DVDVR Message Board

A TNA Timeline

Remember that time Sting and Flair had their last grumpy old man match and everyone thought Flair had a legit heart attack after taking a top rope superplex.

I thought TNA was a place where guys got paid insane amounts of money and they didn't have to do anything.

I kinda REALLY want to start watching Impact right from the beginning, or at least the beginning on Spike and do reports and come up with how much silliness there is, but there is no way in hell I am paying any money to purchase these shows, so the likelihood of me doing such a thing are extremely unlikely.

I think it would be awesome if you got some genuine pro-wrass-lovin' DVDVR dudes together and they watched TNA and tried to come up with like a list each of the ten best matches.

I mean, the company is just dreadful but, somehow, it IS important in a way.

NWA (1948-present) 66 Years Old

WWE (1952-present) 62 Years Old

AWA (1960-1991) 31 Years Old

WCW (1988-2001) 13 Years Old

TNA (2002-Present 12 Years Old

ECW (1992-2001) 09 Years Old

TNA is already the 5th longest "major" wrestling company (For major, I'm trying to include only groups that tried to go National, promote all over, get TV etc.( in the USA.  It's older than ECW, and it'll pass WCW next year (Depending on your timelines, it already has...).  

But were you to talk to most wrestling fans, bring up ECW or WCW and they can probably come up with, off the top of their heads, 4-5 matches they love from either promotion, and 8-10 angles/promos that they really loved.  But if you were to do the same to your average TNA fan, you'd get a lot of "Well there's that one match that wasn't too bad.." and for memorable angles/promos you'd get so many more things that were memorable because they were bad, rather than good.  Yet it is STILL going!

And my favourite terrible TNA moment is when that one girl (cannot remember her name, thus cannot find the video), went up to Kid Kash backstage and talked about how she liked it when he dropped her on her head, then put her hand down the front of his tights and gave him a handjob, but *SWERVE* she was using some sort of lotion that caused his balls to burn and lead to him rolling around on the floor selling testicular pain.  To me, that explains TNA in a nutshell, stupid concept that gets stupider and causes unberable pain.

Also, apparently someone already cobbled together a wiki of TNA stupidity

http://taimapedia.org/?title=LOLTNA_History 

This bump single-handedly caused...

-a major concussion and other injuries to Daffney

-left her with brain damage

-massive medical bills

-a long, messy lawsuit and an eventual settlement

-major damage and embarrassment to TNA's reputation

...and they didn't even get the camera angle right.

• Like 2

Reading that LOLTNA History and this sounded incredible

Abyss beat Jeff Hardy in a Full Metal Mayhem match (TNA's version of TLC) to become the Number One Contender. The final spot was supposed to be Abyss press slamming Hardy into four stacked tables. Instead Abyss threw him over the rope and Hardy barely went through one. Pissed off by the blown spot, Hardy nosold the move and started drop kicking tables whilst Abyss retrieved the contract. Subsequently Abyss didn't cash this contract in for a title shot and instead was pinned by Hardy at the next PPV.

And yeah, it was pretty good.  Hardy hits one table, gets mad and kicks at it, then kicks another table.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZq73zLS4mM