DVDVR Message Board

A TNA Timeline

Speaking of barbwire spots or just being thrown off the stage in general...

Sting wins the NWA World Title after beating Jarrett (in that match where Angle was the special enforcer) and in typical TNA fashion he loses the title a month later to Abyss when he gets disqualified for shoving him off the stage through a barbwire board. They didn't bother to remind people that the title can change hands on a disqualification.

Is this the best thing to be associated with TNA? Monty Brown riffing on Samoa Joe and Rhino..."Hey Joe, where you going with that cheeseburger in your hand".

Poor Monty. That was an awful promo, but I know he was trying to just kill time. Honestly Brown was the one who got away. Dude could have been huge in WWE.

And then this, which still makes me fucking furious.

You know, a skilled writer could actually write a very interesting Orlando Jordan storyline, along the lines of early Goldust...

Is this the best thing to be associated with TNA? Monty Brown riffing on Samoa Joe and Rhino..."Hey Joe, where you going with that cheeseburger in your hand".

Poor Monty. That was an awful promo, but I know he was trying to just kill time. Honestly Brown was the one who got away. Dude could have been huge in WWE.

I thought it was kinda awesome.  I would rather watch a million of those every week than most of what's on TV.

I like when they stumbled into one of their rare good segments having Gunner go to the gym. A few weeks later they tried to relive the magic by having Angle go to a bar in James Storm's hometown; one of the worst segments ever. 

That awful Lethal Lockdown match that was built entirely on getting over Garett Bischoff. Didn't work. Though Meltzer seemed to think he was hot. Magnus has Big Fresh; Bischoff has Meltzer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eslpNK73SsQ

• Like 1

Speaking of barbwire spots or just being thrown off the stage in general...

Sting wins the NWA World Title after beating Jarrett (in that match where Angle was the special enforcer) and in typical TNA fashion he loses the title a month later to Abyss when he gets disqualified for shoving him off the stage through a barbwire board. They didn't bother to remind people that the title can change hands on a disqualification.

Well, they don't want to telegraph it.

Samoa Joe got pissed one time because Jeremy Borash announced that there was a time-limit in a match vs Jeff Hardy that was booked to be a time-limit draw. Joe blew up backstage to the point that he got suspended for it. One rumor is that Russo ordered Borash to do a countdown despite knowing that Joe had specifically told Borash not to.

Also, apparently someone already cobbled together a wiki of TNA stupidity

http://taimapedia.org/?title=LOLTNA_History 

My God, it makes even the CZW Follies timeline look like George Scott-booked Mid-Atlantic by comparison:

http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=CZW_Follies

Thank you, Caley and Clint, for those links. Cackled until I cried. Jeebus bless you both

I am a firm believer that the best thing TNA ever did was give Scott Steiner a microphone on a weekly basis for over two years or more. Nothing in pro wrestling has made me laugh and go WTF? at the same time more often than Scott Steiner promos throughout the years.

• Like 5

Back on the old board I tried to do a project of watching the weekly PPVs from the beginning. I made it to about week 12 or 13 before I tapped out. There was a lot of garbage but honestly the funniest moment to me is Ken Shamrock losing his World Title.

@ around 10:55. It's one of the funniest botches I've ever seen and I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it.
  • Like 1