DVDVR Message Board

DEAD CROCKETT CUP: DEAD MONSTER SOMETHING (Group A)

RIPPA

All Group A Matchups  

52 members have voted

1. 1. ANDRE THE GIANT/GIANT BABA vs. SCOTT IRWIN/BIG JOHN STUDD

2. 2. BRIAN ADAMS/YOKOZUNA vs. ZAMBAUI EXPRESS

3. 3. ANDRE THE GIANT/GIANT BABA vs. BRIAN ADAMS/YOKOZUNA

4. 4. SCOTT IRWIN/BIG JOHN STUDD vs. ZAMBAUI EXPRESS

5. 5. ANDRE THE GIANT/GIANT BABA vs. ZAMBAUI EXPRESS

6. 6. BRIAN ADAMS/YOKOZUNA vs. BILL IRWIN/BIG JOHN STUDD

I actually got to see Ray Candy live once when NWA ran a show in Seattle in 89. How's this for a random 6 man:

Lex Luger, Rick Steiner, Dick Murdoch vs Road Warriors & Ray Candy

same show also had Junkyard Dog & Ivan Koloff vs Buddy Rose & The Grappler

If that match had actually happened when all 4 were alive, it might have been worse than Andre/Baba vs Land of the Giants

Depends on the Andre I think. 70's Andre could have turned it into four star territory(especially with a skinny yoko). Older Andre and fat Yoko? WOOF

I meant if it happened when all 4 were alive and teaming. So yeah that would be older Andre. BTW, Fat Yoko is kind of an odd choice of description isn't it?

Talking about the 4 teams here, if we're going on "in their primes" I think it's a toss-up between Andre/Baba and Yoko/Crush. I haven't seen too much of Baba in his younger days but I can't imagine he was as athletic as Andre was.

In their prime Yoko/Crush is a damn good team.

I actually would have voted for Studd/Irwin across the board in most any other bracket, even considering I am largely unfamiliar with Scott Irwin, but here it was hard to justify the picks.

As for the Zambui Express, I haven't seen a whole lot of them outside of their WCW run in the late 80s. Wasn't one of them also "Bad Leroy Brown" in the UWF for a while?

I meant if it happened when all 4 were alive and teaming. So yeah that would be older Andre. BTW, Fat Yoko is kind of an odd choice of description isn't it?

okay fatter yoko. . . though I can't claim to have seen any kokina maximus. . . 

As for the Zambui Express, I haven't seen a whole lot of them outside of their WCW run in the late 80s. Wasn't one of them also "Bad Leroy Brown" in the UWF for a while?

Yeah, Elijah Akeem was also Leroy Brown for Watts.

GROUP A FINAL RESULTS

(3 points win, 1 point tie, 0 loss)

*ANDRE THE GIANT/GIANT BABA - 9 Points

*BRIAN ADAMS/YOKOZUNA - 6 Points

SCOTT IRWIN/BIG JOHN STUDD - 3 Points

ZAMBAUI EXPRESS - 0 Points

Andre/Baba and Adams/Yoko Advance