DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I did not realize that fucking Tyrion Lannister does the voice for the Ghosts.

You didn't recognize his voice?

I thought we talked about it while playing. Maybe it was phil and i.

I didn't connect the dots until later on.

That Vanguard Armory DLC that you get with pre-orders had better be made up of at least Rare weapons.  If I can't upgrade that shit, it is all going to get converted into Glimmer.

• Like 1

I'll be getting it on PS3. Or more than likely, 2 PS3s. Father/Son bonding through online gaming... somehow moving house has left me unexpectedly flush with cash. It won't last.

My Beta character was an Awoken Warlock, but most likely I'll be going with a Titan in the actual game (probably a Human one, at that. Depends how the beards look*). I know Havoc's going to be a Hunter (he loves Sniper Rifles so much, his Momma should have called him Wesley), and if Cristobal joins, he'll probably be a Warlock or another Hunter. I'm always the berserker.

* If they look good I'll be a Human man. If they don't, I'll be whichever female looks girlier. Girl robots look like robots.

• Like 1

* If they look good I'll be a Human man. If they don't, I'll be whichever female looks girlier. Girl robots look like robots.

I was actually surprised by how "feminine" some of the the female Exo looked. 

There were some female Exo skins that were very unsettling.

Form does not follow function in Destiny, since there is no real reason to make a female robot anatomically similar to a humanoid other than for the mental ease of humanoids that have to work with it.

I am shocked that the legal staff at Hasbro isn't looking into this.  The Exo remind me very much in form and lore of the Warforged from the D&D game setting, Eberron.

Exhibit A (Warforged Fighter):

Warforged_12.jpg

Exhibit B (Exo concept art):

abstract,destiny,exo,photography,wallnes

I failed at making a badass character during the beta. My Titan ended up looking like an African American Tranny with long red hair. Hopefully there will be more option in creating a charcter upon release.

I don't post here much, but I'll definitely be down to play with some of you guys if you're on PS3 when the game drops. I'm happy playing any of the characters, although I had a ton of fun as a Human Hunter with a scout rifle in the beta.

• Like 1

Snagged a ghost edition for the 360 on Amazon.com (they were up for about 30 minutes before they sold out again). they still have a few limited editions left now, ps3 and the 360, if anyone is interested.

Here I am again, spamming the damn thread.  

Anyway, I snagged a limited edition while I was at it.  I'm honestly debating on putting the ghost edition on ebay for resale, at a drastic markup.  I've checked, they're listed between $300-$1000 

If someone is willing to pay me the price of a ps4 destiny bundle for a 360 ghost edition well...just... fuck them and their money, know what I mean?

If you're looking for a limited/ghost edition hard copy, check this:

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/games/destiny/

Edited by misanthrope304

My dreams are crushed.  I don't know how or why, but this must be Big Fresh's fault.  Big Fresh, I hold you responsible for making this happen.  

To Deej at Bungie, next time just tell it to me straight and don't give me all the flowery boolsheeit!

Oh yeah - the beta had been deleted from my HD within like 2 days of it ended.

The decision doesn't really bother me as I was only Level 5 anyway plus I felt like the didn't really explain things behind the character creation in the beta... especially the differences between races

It felt like JUST PICK SOMETHING AND START SHOOTING!!!!

buddy of mine (whoops, if any of you guys got to play with him, not sure, I think maybe Dan did) had a rare ship (it looked badass imho) that he had unlocked through iron banner play, I had some legendary stuff (a hand cannon, cape thingie, couple pieces of armor) that I was hoping I'd get to use later but I knew it was coming, it was a beta.  I wish I could have gotten a screen shot of my hunter (160 defense, looked good with the uncommon armors), but I couldn't get it figured out, and I didn't want to take a picture of my tv.

Edit:

So I just took a screenshot on my hdx of my inventory, if folks want to look at that sort of thing, I have it uploaded to my photobucket account, I could post links or pics on the board, but I'm trying real hard to not spam the thread (I fail at that most of the time)