DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Clan is up and running now.  Yes it's a beta, and the clan is in beta mode as well.  Trying to figure it out.  I can't send invites to most of you since there are no bungie.net accounts created that I see on my friends list for the 360.  

You can search for the clan on bungie.net with "DVDR" 

I think I can use more letters, but I'm going for the K.I.S.S. method right now.

I just requested to join. Looks like this is very similar to Crews in GTA. No matter which console you're on, you can join.

Fresh is Admin for the PSN side of things.

Yeah, I've been doing Clan stuff for a few years now on Call of Duty.  The setup is very similar, crew/clan/guild whatever you want to call it.  I expect a hierarchy here of some sort.

I'll post some tips for crucible/multiplayer (for players who aren't as familiar with FPS teamwork/gameply).  I snagged from different forums since I'm too lazy to compile a comprehensive list in my own words.    I think J.T. is gonna love this aspect of the game.  

I just downloaded and played for 30 minutes. Had a message pop up saying if you play the beta tomorrow at 2pm you will receive a reward that will carry over to the real game.

Glad i stumbled upon the Vault while running around the tower.

Yeah, and weapons you put in the vault can be used between characters.  So say you get a level 8 weapon with my hunter and I  put it in the vault, I can pull it out with my level 2 Titan.  Armor...not so much since the three classes don't share armor.  

we can have multiple admins, best I can tell man.  A courtesy, since you started the thread, sir

Oh, ok. In that case, I will be the best admin ever!!! But Rippa can't join until he makes me a mod here.

Yeah, but it's a PS4 problem, not a Destiny problem: no one talks!!!

That has to do with it probably having a more adult user base and terrible headset options.

Well it sucks. I would rather play this game on X-Box One for this reason and because I like the controller better, but the exclusive content on Playstation swayed me.

I've never seen a boss drop more than one thing, so it doesn't bother me. This doesn't have the mass amount of loot that Borderlands does. Which I'm happy about. Less time in the menus comparing numbers, more time shooting things.

Well Dan, Mark and I got to the Temple on the Moon and then got booted due to an error connection. So I guess that is what they wanted to test out.

If you specifically have to play the Moon to get your reward then JT will be missed because he missed the event by like 10 minutes

Mis was insistent that you had to play the Moon so who knows. I didn't see anything specific but oh well.

I did just request to join the clan since I finally signed up for bungie.net

I guess I am going to have to ask for this stupid game for Xmas after all.

• Like 1

Mis was insistent that you had to play the Moon so who knows. I didn't see anything specific but oh well.

I did just request to join the clan since I finally signed up for bungie.net

I guess I am going to have to ask for this stupid game for Xmas after all.

The Bungie post on Social Media made it sound like you just had to play the game during the scale test.

Yeah, but it's a PS4 problem, not a Destiny problem: no one talks!!!

That has to do with it probably having a more adult user base and terrible headset options.

I have an awesome headset. It's actually just a nice pair of headphones that I put a microphone cable on.

The talking thing is probably more of a function of cross game chat. When I play stuff like battlefield it's usually with at least three people and we have the audio set to party and not game.