DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

FINALLY started downloading. But this is gonna take awhile....

I think my PS4 is on Standby. Can I redeem this through the online PS Store? I can never remember.

Don't know, but it doesn't matter. The download from the PSN store is very small. However, you gotta open up the Beta and then download another 10 gigs...

It's gonna be amazing in like 6 months when JT finally gets a PS4 and is ready to play Destiny and Fresh will be all "What is this Destiny game you speak of?"

Because I now live in a more rural area, the only internet I can get is 4Mb/s DSL which is never actually operating at that speed.  So I started the download last night around 7pm knowing it wasn't going to finish before I'd go to bed.  So I get up this morning...STILL NOT DONE! Crazy.  It was at like 9.3gb downloaded out of the 10.  I wish I had faster internet.  Oddly enough, my shitty internet has never impacted me playing online.  I don't lag or anything like that, no issues in multiplayer, it just takes forever to download shit.  So I'm thankful for the preload ability that is being implemented in games now. 

Yeah, I can't wait to get this in the fall and have Fresh's gerbil-eque ADD kick in and cause him move on to some other game just as my OCD kicks in and I play Destiny for like two or three years in pursuit of one special item.

Yeah, I can't wait to get this in the fall and have Fresh's gerbil-eque ADD kick in and cause him move on to some other game just as my OCD kicks in and I play Destiny for like two or three years in pursuit of one special item.

Ha. I've never understood the guys who can stay on 1 or 2 games for years. I need to switch it up. There's too many quality games out there I wanna get a piece of.

This might be the first game that I try to build a decent level with online. Normally shooters and games of this type find me tiring of them within a month, and that's with maybe 10-15 hours of online play put into it combined.

Because I now live in a more rural area, the only internet I can get is 4Mb/s DSL which is never actually operating at that speed.  So I started the download last night around 7pm knowing it wasn't going to finish before I'd go to bed.  So I get up this morning...STILL NOT DONE! Crazy.  It was at like 9.3gb downloaded out of the 10.  I wish I had faster internet.  Oddly enough, my shitty internet has never impacted me playing online.  I don't lag or anything like that, no issues in multiplayer, it just takes forever to download shit.  So I'm thankful for the preload ability that is being implemented in games now. 

Shiiiit. That sucks. This is "SON OF A..." thread worthy.

I feel like homeless dudes have faster internet.

Seriously debating on pre-ordering this for the 360 just to get a piece of the beta next week...then cancelling the pre-order once the beta is over to get that PS4 bundle.

*edit*

Fuckit, I pre-ordered on the 360 just to get an idea of how this bitch plays, I've been waiting a while, and while there was a killer deal on dell.com for a ps4 bundle (mlb 14 or some other game with a 3month psn card and a $100 gift card), I wasn't going to get that when I'm wanting the ps4 destiny bundle.  Amazon will email me a code for the beta within 24 hours...

Edited by misanthrope304

Destiny beta went live on Xbox late last night, I realized this after midnight when I looked at my friends list and saw people playing it while we're were head hunting in Los santos.  

It's good.  I haven't played any of the multiplayer yet, just been doing the strike team missions.  Ranked up to level 5, got some loot,  enjoyable enough although I'm not so impressed as of yet to pull the trigger on a ps4.  

Now it's 5:15 am and I have to work today....

From what I've heard on the 360 version, the first 6-8 missions (story) and some multiplayer (6vs6 on the moon, capture the flag) although I can't confirm this.  I made it to level 7 before work today, and my friends that were playing a few hours ahead of me had made it to level 8.  They had played some of the multiplayer, but I hate repeating stuff I've heard.  I'm sure the Playstation brethren here can fill in the voids of what's actually going on.

what I have played though, has been "the shit"

• Like 1