DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Okay - I am seeing that the XBone download size is almost 13 gigs

Even in the 360 one is half that size - I am fairly sure it won't fit on my HD

God bless you HD from saving me from myself

Just put in my pre-order for the White PS4/Destiny Bundle.

Going to be a pain in the ass trying to get into multi-player with you folks, being about 6-7 hours ahead of most of you, but I shall effort to do so anyway.

5.14 G

I left for lunch and the DL was about 35%. I hope it will done when i get home.

I would recommend just getting a cheap 8 GB flash drive for under $10 to put Xbox files on.

Format a Thumb Drive to be an Xbox HD. You can do up to 32 Gigs I think.

I would just take a 16 Gig stick and have fun.

Dammit.  You know you want to kill Fallen with us and fly to the moon in your jumpship.

The Beta ends on the 27th so DO IT NOW~!

And try to be online after 2PM PST on the 26th (Saturday) to earn the special emblem.

I don't know how much I would get to play it since I doubt it would finish downloading before I could to bed tonight and this weekend is a totally crapshoot

I will figure it out when I get home

Yeah, I've got new house stuff to take care of tomorrow so I don't know if I will be able to get online in time for the scale test @ 2PM PDT / 5PM EDT. 

I may get some trigger time in on Sunday just in time for the Beta to close. :angry:

Goodbye, free emblem, but I am comforted by knowing that I've got my priorities straight.

Now I remember why I didn't like Halo and don't even really particularly care for Borderlands 2: I cannot get used to first-person shooters. I've never liked that perspective. I don't know why. Shooters where I can actually see my guy like GTA don't bother me, but I just don't dig the first-person perspective.

After the first level, i can predict hours of JT yelling at me to stay in cover and pick your spots to attack.

You need to embrace the bullet stopping power of metal, concrete, and other solid substances..

Dan also believes he is bullet proof.  The Fallen in Old Russia proved otherwise.  Good thing I have had lots of practice reviving him from Mass Effect 3.

Nobody seems to love the Titan except me....

I am all about the Titan.

So far I like the game a lot.  Was having a lot of server crashes earlier during the beta though.

The beta gives you a good chunk of story missions and some sampling of the competitive multiplayer.  The last story mission you can play requires a PlayStation Plus account and the ability to join a fireteam.  

Fighting the Devil Walker was insane.  Fucking thing just wouldn't go down.  Took like an hour to chip away at its armor and beat it.  And then the orb boss was freaking easy as pie in comparison.

Shoot at the legs, after a blow up a leg, it will drop down and expose the brain, shoot the brain with a Sniper Rifle...repeatedly (or your special if you are brave/stupid/don't mind dying and waiting 30 seconds to respawn)..

Also, when I got up today, I did a quick run-through to get to the tower with my Titan

I'm probably going to hit Devil's Lair once or twice tonight in my Hunter and get that last piece of level 8 uncommon armor (chest) that I need to get my max armor rating up a few more points, now that I picked up the level 8 auto rifle that deals 57 damage.    After I get that leveled a little more, I'll be switching over to my tank to get it up to snuff for the crucible.

The warlock class has a pretty cool super/special.

Love the MG, wish I could run that as my primary, but alas it is not meant to be.   I haven't played much with the pulse rifles, even though I have two pieces of armor dedicated to reloading them faster, I may try that in the crucible tomorrow if I can get it leveled (lvl8 doing 57 damage uncommon pulse).  

I am starting to see that this game is going to consume me this fall and winter.

FYI

You cant play the beta with it being on an external drive.

I have to move more stuff from my HD to the thumb drive in order to move Destiny to my HD so i can play.

yes, this, 

Is my console compatible with Destiny?

Destiny is compatible with all PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox ONE consoles except for the following systems due to Destiny’s hard drive requirement. 

• Xbox 360™ Arcade Console
  • Xbox 360™ 4GB Console
  • Xbox 360™ Core System
  • PlayStation®3 12GB System

If you own one of these systems, please consult your owner’s manual, or the manufacturer, to obtain hard drive upgrade information.

NOTE: USB flash memory and external hard drives are not supported for the Destiny Beta, regardless of storage space.  The Destiny Beta must be installed to an officially supported internal or attached Hard Drive.

per http://www.bungie.net/en/View/Bungie/DestinyBetaFAQ

Have they said if the characters you create in the beta will be available to port over in the real game?

As of right now, from what I've seen/read/heard the characters you create will NOT port over to the full game on  9/9/14*.  

*IF they don't push back the release, but I'd rather them push it back and it be as epic as the nugget we're being shown as opposed to it being a broken piece of shit *glares at call of duty*

Edited by misanthrope304

I am loving the game, though I am just awful on the Crucible so far. I think it might be my hatred for all things called Crucible in video games. Also, I was under leveled, and the guns I like (Scout Rifles) are shit in multiplayer.

Story mode is awesome. Legitimately great.

You will get better, I promise.  Especially after you use that warlock special and wipe out 3-4 of the opposition at once.  Scout rifle will be good at mid-long range engagements, you'll have to get headshots though until you get a ridiculously overpowered one.  

To an extent though, it says going into Crucible that it's a level playing field. However, Iron Banner is not.  You will need to use the best shit you can get your hands on for that if you play it.  

Farm the fuck out of Devil's lair, I hear you are supposed to get 2 uncommon engrams each time, but I haven't paid close enough attention to verify this personally.  You can pick up shit doing the explore mission as well.  Then there's this: 

*edit* I'm going to attempt to stop spamming the thread now lol.  Trying to share knowledge to help everyone along.  I eagerly await the DVDR fire team, playing what is basically domination (domination is my shit in FPS).  Also, create a bungie.net account or link your PSN/XBL account, and add me/follow me, I will reciprocate (misanthrope304)

Edited by misanthrope304

Since it turns out I have 8 gigs free - I am attempting to download the beta now.

I will just delete it after Sunday (assuming it downloads at all).

Especially if nothing will transfer over from said Beta

• Like 1

Clan is up and running now.  Yes it's a beta, and the clan is in beta mode as well.  Trying to figure it out.  I can't send invites to most of you since there are no bungie.net accounts created that I see on my friends list for the 360.  

You can search for the clan on bungie.net with "DVDR" 

I think I can use more letters, but I'm going for the K.I.S.S. method right now.

Yup - no clue what I was doing.

There were at least 5 of us on in the 360 Beta - I bounced because I promised my son I would play Smash Brothers but at least I got to the Tower

• Like 1