DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I have my code and completed the download last night.   I will fire this puppy up on my 360 this afternoon provided that the current monsoon hanging over the 804 does not fuck up my electricity.

• Like 1

I have my code and completed the download last night.   I will fire this puppy up on my 360 this afternoon provided that the current monsoon hanging over the 804 does not fuck up my electricity.

Make sure you feed the hamsters that run your Internet.

Mis offered me a download code for the beta the other night, but I hear the game's kinda like Halo and I didn't like Halo. A friend of mine's gonna get it, so I'll see it when it comes out and rethink from there.

• Like 2

I went with the Hunter class, but I've been toying with the idea of making a tank class before the end of the beta.

I maxed out at level 8 last night on a run through of devil's lair.  After that I mainly played the explore mode in the cosmodrome.  

Got some decent weapons and armor, and enough glimmer to purchase a different ship this morning before work.  Turned in a few bounties also (still working on the 9000xp without dying). 

Every time I get close to that bounty, an event happens and I go rushing in on either a hallowed knight or that big spider tank thing and get my ass handed to me.   I know you're supposed to shoot the legs until it collapses, then shoot the brain when it's exposed, but by the time it's brain gets exposed I'm out of ammo for the sniper rifle and I rush in to cap it with the golden gun.  By the time I get there, that big fucker is up and ready to stomp my ass again, and does.

Fresh, what was the big event for you guys at the end of the Beta?  We have that coming up Saturday, and I'm kicking around the idea of switching a day at work to play that to get whatever reward it is.

Still haven't played the crucible, may do that tonight.

I went with the Hunter class, but I've been toying with the idea of making a tank class before the end of the beta.

I maxed out at level 8 last night on a run through of devil's lair. After that I mainly played the explore mode in the cosmodrome.

Got some decent weapons and armor, and enough glimmer to purchase a different ship this morning before work. Turned in a few bounties also (still working on the 9000xp without dying).

Every time I get close to that bounty, an event happens and I go rushing in on either a hallowed knight or that big spider tank thing and get my ass handed to me. I know you're supposed to shoot the legs until it collapses, then shoot the brain when it's exposed, but by the time it's brain gets exposed I'm out of ammo for the sniper rifle and I rush in to cap it with the golden gun. By the time I get there, that big fucker is up and ready to stomp my ass again, and does.

Fresh, what was the big event for you guys at the end of the Beta? We have that coming up Saturday, and I'm kicking around the idea of switching a day at work to play that to get whatever reward it is.

Still haven't played the crucible, may do that tonight.

The Beta isn't over, so you'll know at the same time I do.

• Like 1

I have only touched the opening mission, so I plan on logging some time into this over the weekend with my fiance working all weekend.

Fresh, I might have to hit you up some online this weekend.

This is big....

No need for the pre-order.

Destiny Beta just went live for everyone...EVERYONE that has a psn or xbl account

Today, at 4:00 PM PDT, we’re opening the Destiny Beta to anyone who wants to create a character and walk in their boots. There are, of course, some requirements. You’ll need to have a compatible console equipped with PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold. You’ll need to be brave.

source- http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Beta-All-Access/en/News/News?aid=11962

So basically they're wanting us to break it.

Edited by misanthrope304

So my internet tapped out for about 45 minutes around 2am with Dan trying to complete a mission.  I tried different routers and everything (mine was a bit...warm).  I don't know what happened there.

You can buy ships with glimmer.  I finally got a decent assault rifle (fingers crossed), however I'm not about to hop into the crucible again right now.  It's nearly 6 am and I have work later today.  I think a few hours of sleep are in order.

Crucible was fun in a calling everyone a cunt sort of way.  I had one game where I went positive out of four, and that was when I got in a turret on the moon defending....   -A- I believe.  The rest of the time wss me getting kicked around like a ball.

Finished the Level 5 story mission on normal and got my first heavy weapon. 

May fiddle around in the Crucible on Sunday, but I am only average when it comes to FPS PVP.

Welp - I guess can finally start on my pile of shame since I clearly won't be seeing any of you again :-)

I still have meth to smuggle in GTA Online and I need to break the Global Top 1000 in Challenge Points for ME3.

Besides, the Beta has limited level advancement.  I'll get tired of it pretty soon and wait until the full release.

Looks like I'll be bringing my 360 to Maryland with me and trying to find a way to be online around the time of the thread test. 

Gotta get that exclusive emblem!

• Like 1

Mis and I are Hunters and Dan is a Warlock.  I may re-roll a Level One Titan just so that we can field a fireteam with all three classes even though I prefer to be a Dex fighter rather than an Str fighter.

There I go using D&D terminology.  Yeesh....

• Like 1

Nobody seems to love the Titan except me....

I am all about the Titan.

So far I like the game a lot.  Was having a lot of server crashes earlier during the beta though.

The beta gives you a good chunk of story missions and some sampling of the competitive multiplayer.  The last story mission you can play requires a PlayStation Plus account and the ability to join a fireteam.  

Fighting the Devil Walker was insane.  Fucking thing just wouldn't go down.  Took like an hour to chip away at its armor and beat it.  And then the orb boss was freaking easy as pie in comparison.