DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2014 - Spring Training!

Dolfan in NYC

Much to my surprise, Arizona pitchers and catchers report today because they're playing a two game set with Los Angeles (NL) in Australia at the end of March.  

Opening Day (Sunday Night Ratings Spectacular) is 30 March.  Opening Day (Official) is 31 March. Bud Selig being an asshole is an ongoing event.

Also, the Caribbean Series is going strong.   YAY BASEBALL IS BACK!

boosh.gif

Apparently the Mariners are pushing hard for Nelson Cruz and are willing to go to 3 guaranteed years for  him. If it's around 7 million a year or so I don't mind it but if he winds up getting 10+ a year I'll scream. Then I'll cave like the weakling I am and buy tickets to a few games.

ARod Drops MLB Lawsuits

I am terribly disappointed with this news (seriously). ARod has caved into MLB and Selig and dropped his lawsuits against MLB, Selig, and the MLBPA. This disappoints me as I was looking forward to ARod's guys grilling Selig on the stand as well as the Yankees folks for their awful health care they gave Alex.

Probably smart, though, as Alex was looking at $10m in legal fees and little hope of recouping that in suspension reduction.

Fantasy question. I can keep Matt Moore for one more year or keep either Mike Minor, Julio Tehran, or Alex Cobb for 2 seasons. Who you got? I'm thinking Moore and Tehran have the highest ceilings but Minor and Cobb are safer. I wasn't even considering Cobb until I saw the rankings.

For no good reason, I want to see A-Rod spend the next year doing nothing but excessive eating, drinking, and womanizing.  He'll show up to 2015 Spring Training weighing around 350 and announce he's gone down the wrong path all these years when he should have been emulating Babe Ruth.  Then he promptly starts smacking homers like crazy again.

It doesn't necessarily have to be A-Rod, but it wouldn't hurt.  I just want more old, fat sluggers in baseball.

Fantasy question. I can keep Matt Moore for one more year or keep either Mike Minor, Julio Tehran, or Alex Cobb for 2 seasons. Who you got? I'm thinking Moore and Tehran have the highest ceilings but Minor and Cobb are safer. I wasn't even considering Cobb until I saw the rankings.

Cobb.

Maybe Thome has one last run in him.

Poor Matt Stairs has been reduced to hitting dingers on street corners for change. Somebody give him a job!

He might have a job with the phillies

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/jamie-moyer-matt-stairs-could-both-join-phillies-broadcast-booth-after-interviews?ymd=20140205&content_id=67473470&vkey=news_mlb

The Cobb supports surprise me. It seems close between him and Minor and then it comes down to an NL pitcher vs an AL East pitcher. Then Minor is the choice. I just can't help shake the Matt Moore love. He seems to have by far the highest upside of guys I mentioned.