DVDVR Message Board

A CELEBRATION of PUERTO RICAN Wrestling!

DEAN

Every day as of late, I have been looking for bloodbaths from Puerto Rico.  I come across those but I also come across a thousand other great matches.  So tonight, let's celebrate our love for PR Wrestling.

I open with these two:

God knows I love Ray Gonzalez, but holy fudge does Fidel Sierra rule the motherfucking world.  This should be the first thing they show new students at wrezling skool.

FUCK the EARTH.  If Dick Murdock isn't in your Hall of Fame, you should feel free to go and fuck yourself.

• Like 2

That bodes badly for a lot of Observer voters regarding Murdoch.

Oh come on.  Everyone knows that Observer voters freely fuck themselves.

Mmm, Hansen-Colon in a cage.

Neither here nor there, but people should really check out PWO's PR note. Dylan and other bring a lot of write ups/matches to look at and El Boricua (who posted above) brings a lot of first hand (as in from the country) knowledge to give things context. It's a great resource.

I'm sooo digging the Monster Ripper run in WWC in 1990-1991.  Ripper's offense is fucking beautiful.  Why is Candi Devine half the size in the second match than in the first match.  The El Profe match is stiff as fudge.

some words from Chicky Starr and the Iron Sheik, followed by an Iron Sheik music video:

which would make me wonder who spoke the best English out of Colon, Chicky and the Iron Sheik

That is AWWWWWESOME!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I didn't know where else to ask for this, but can anyone give me some recommendations on Ray Gonzalez? I've seen maybe two or three matches of his in my entire life, and I feel like I see the name talked up all the time in random places. What should I be checking out? What years, what feuds? Help me out here guys.