DVDVR Message Board

This is probably the most informative interview in the history of professional wrestling.

In order for this to be "informative" it means that Vince is giving us facts. We really don't know how much this is bullshit

I don't care. BS or not, it's all fantastic. I've often said, "Vince is the craziest man on Earth in both the best and worst ways possible".

This is probably the most informative interview in the history of professional wrestling.

In order for this to be "informative" it means that Vince is giving us facts.   We really don't know how much this is bullshit

Just being able to get insight into how Vince thinks is informative. This is the first real indepth interview about wrestling that we've gotten from him.

Vince seems to be rapidly vacillating between being incredibly candid and just giving sanitized corporate-speak responses.  This is a lot better and more in-depth than I thought it would be, but it's really hard to tell how honest he's actually being.

This part where Vince is ignoring the Stone Cold feud to talk about his childhood is pretty informative.  I never realized he saw himself as the Stone Cold Character.

I really get a sense that he doesn't give a damn about money, just about showing the world.  That's why he takes those crazy risks that people can't understand.  Everyone sees him laying all that money on the line, but that's not what's on the line for him.  That's just overhead to get to play the "Fuck you, I'm better than you think I am" game.

• Like 1

Stone Cold "were you pissed off about the color?"

Vince "Yeah, but the audience was eating it up"

This idea that Vince listens to the audience is laughable. Right there, he knows that the color added to the Bret/Austin match but he personally doesn't like it so we don't see it. Not saying we should all the time or anything. I think if Vince can't understand what the audience likes about a wrestler it doesn't matter how much he's being cheered, he'll squash it eventually. Things need to make sense to Vince and only Vince.