DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

Season 2 was when the show got really dark and pessimistic (even by the standards of a show about criminals). Season 1, OK this is a messed up situation, but maybe there's a small bit of hope for these people. By season 2 it became obvious they're all a pretty irredeemable bunch.

Carmella was a "relatable" type of evil, if that makes sense. Your average person watching probably can't imagine ordering deaths or doing anything sadistic like the men did. But you could understand how this woman had grown so used to her luxurious lifestyle she just couldn't bear the thought of leaving it all and being on her own. She knew exactly what she had to do to save her soul; she just couldn't carry it out.

Only ones that were actually decent people were Adriana and Meadow. Melfi too, although she enabled Tony far longer than she should have.

I had no idea last night was the season finale, until the end when I thought to myself, "This kinda feels like a finale." Then it turned out it was. That was...quick. I didn't realize they were burning through episodes that quickly. Going to make the wait for new episodes feel even longer.

Joe Lo Truglio was kind of a revelation on this show. He's been in tons of stuff, and been fairly funny at times, but he's turned into a real scene stealer. I think it was when the show firgured out Broyles that the whole thing started to come together. It's too bad the MODERN FAMILY block has a stranglehold on half the damn supporting actor Emmy nominations, because he deserves one.

But probably the most incredible bit of character salvaging over the course of the season was Gina. Based on the early episodes, I didn't even think it was possible I would ever be able to tolerate her, let alone like that character. I think the episode where she helped Holt find a new IT guy and the episode where she bought Jake's apartment were major turning points for her.

Speaking of finale's, Psych definitely got me tonight.  I won't spoil the big cameo towards the end if you haven't seen it yet, but I loved it.  The bit with Lassiter during the closing moments was so great.  I feel like there was a joke that I'm missing with the  guy alphabetizing the cereal in the crime scene.

This is far too realistic for comfort.

In an homage to the "Bronies" subculture, Tina attends her first Equestra-con, a convention based on her favorite animated pony show, "The Equestranauts." To her surprise, she finds that the show's fans are middle-aged men (called "Equesticles"). When a powerful super-fan tricks Tina out of her rare toy pony, it's up to Bob to go undercover to get it back in the all-new "The Equestranauts" episode of BOB'S BURGERS airing Sunday, April 13 (7:00-7:30PM ET/PT) on FOX. (BOB-405) (TV-14 D, L)
  • Like 2

Goddammit.

The majority of MLP fans are middle aged women who grew up with it in the '80s.  Bronies are a tiny, tiny part of it.  It'd be like saying the creepy fuckers who go to every Shimmer event represent all wrestling fans.

Making fun of bronies is just another way to disparage something that women can enjoy with their daughters.

Goddammit.

The majority of MLP fans are middle aged women who grew up with it in the '80s. Bronies are a tiny, tiny part of it. It'd be like saying the creepy fuckers who go to every Shimmer event represent all wrestling fans.

Making fun of bronies is just another way to disparage something that women can enjoy with their daughters.

I'm somewhat shocked that you defended MLP without any type of horse joke. I wouldn't have thought it possible.

• Like 2

"One last mystery surrounding HBO’s juggernaut crime series True Detective has been solved. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that for this year’s Emmys the network plans to submit creator Nic Pizzolatto’s gritty gothic crime saga for best drama series consideration instead of in the recently reinstated miniseries category -- despite the show’s anthology format and abbreviated first season of only eight episodes."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/emmys-hbos-true-detective-compete-684153?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_breakingnews&utm_campaign=THR%20Breaking%20News_2014-03-25%2016%3A00%3A00%20America%2FLos_Angeles_moconnell

AKA

walt-1024x573.png

VS

rust_cohle-1024x578.jpg